Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 125

Re: Unable to process the request

2012-07-30, 19:18 PM

FrankSpin said:

If you read back we isolated it to music. Someone even posted the java error the page kicks out when we're presented with the "Unable to process request". I did two work outs with no sensors and no music, both loaded fine. Two workouts with music and sesnors and both failed. Two more workouts with sesnors and no music and they loaded fine. It's been entirely isolated to music.

Uh...you're missing one and that's what I'm telling you. In your quote above you list the following situations:

1. no sensors, no music (works)

2. music + sensors (fails)

3. sensor and no music (works)

What your missing is the final test to conclusively say it's music and only music:

4. Music and no sensors

You also aren't distinguishing between sensors.

So here is the data I've already posted from my tests:

1. HRM + music (works - 5 times now) - note: no bike sensors!

So it *IS NOT* music and only music. So far everyone who has posted the failure post factory reset is using bike sensors + music.

Now maybe when you say "sensors" you mean "HRM" or maybe you mean "HRM + bike sensors" - I don't know because you're not being specific.

What we do know if that I have had it work mulitple times. Now maybe it will fail on my soon in which case we have an intermittent problem.

BUT! maybe, just maybe it's the combination of Music + bike sensors.

Since it's a database parsing error maybe it expects a single data base field for sensors, not two and when it goes to read the music it doesn't get the music data but cadence. Either way, until someone says "after factory reset I did HRM only and no bike sensors with music and got the error" then we haven't seen it posted here.

Options

9 Posts

07-26-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 52 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:18 PM

R0adb1k3r said:

FrankSpin said:

Mize said:

So it seems to be realted to bike sensors + music...anyone running the Moto bike sensors?

If you read back we isolated it to music. Someone even posted the java error the page kicks out when we're presented with the "Unable to process request". I did two work outs with no sensors and no music, both loaded fine. Two workouts with music and sesnors and both failed. Two more workouts with sesnors and no music and they loaded fine. It's been entirely isolated to music.

I agree that it's been isolated to Music but the Route map will not display even when you are able to load and then view your workout from the portal. 

The Motoactv paris up songs with your route to show you what songs were playing throughout your route. If it's having trouble loading the music portion of the workout no matter what page you go to for the workout it's going to error out.

Options

9 Posts

07-26-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 53 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:22 PM

jimox said:

If you look at the details of the error being returned (in a JavaScript debugger) you will see the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: fromIndex(975) > toIndex(974)
at com.gault.portal.services.WorkoutService.getWorkoutSongs(WorkoutService.java:741)

I'm not trying to fight or argue over this just pointing out this error above. If it's sending an error on that java call its going to error if music is present during a workout.

Options

21 Posts

07-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 54 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:32 PM

I'm not trying to fight or argue either. I just want the problem fixed as I have the bike sensor on my list...

What I'm saying is I have 5 workouts with music that work fine. I think the code is parsing the database and sending a "workoutmusic" argument that is mistakenly coming from the unexpected extra sensor for "bicycle sensor" because the programmers assumed that, like the HRM, the bike would be only one variable. I just double-checked and, yes, I have 5 workouts with music+HRM with no errors.

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 55 of 125

2012-07-30, 19:44 PM

FrankSpin said:

jimox said:

If you look at the details of the error being returned (in a JavaScript debugger) you will see the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: fromIndex(975) > toIndex(974)
at com.gault.portal.services.WorkoutService.getWorkoutSongs(WorkoutService.java:741)

I'm not trying to fight or argue over this just pointing out this error above. If it's sending an error on that java call its going to error if music is present during a workout.

What does this mean?  Is there some sort of Java setting or code revision that must be done in order to have the device/portal function as designed?  This was not a problem until sometime in June.  Perhaps the device updates triggered some change?  If device, then can  prior software/firmware be reloaded, avoiding the recent updates?

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 56 of 125

2012-07-31, 12:48 PM

My initial optimism that the factory reset would solve the elevation
and "unable to process" problems has not been justified.  It does
appear that there's some relationship between the number and types of
sensors (HRM, cadence/speed) used and the use of music during a
workout.  Elsewhere on these forums you'll find that the use of music
during workouts, particularly when combined with the use of multiple
Ant+ sensors, results in display of the "unable to process the request"
popup and inability of the portal to render any graphical data
associated with a ride/workout.

I note that our Uber Xprt Matt is back among the living, so please,
Matt, weigh in and let us know Moto's position on these issues.  A
little help or at least acknowledement of these problems is not too much
to ask or expect from Motorola.

Options

33 Posts

07-20-2012

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 57 of 125

2012-07-31, 14:13 PM

RIN said:

My initial optimism that the factory reset would solve the elevation
and "unable to process" problems has not been justified.  It does
appear that there's some relationship between the number and types of
sensors (HRM, cadence/speed) used and the use of music during a
workout.  Elsewhere on these forums you'll find that the use of music
during workouts, particularly when combined with the use of multiple
Ant+ sensors, results in display of the "unable to process the request"
popup and inability of the portal to render any graphical data
associated with a ride/workout.

I note that our Uber Xprt Matt is back among the living, so please,
Matt, weigh in and let us know Moto's position on these issues.  A
little help or at least acknowledement of these problems is not too much
to ask or expect from Motorola.

Hi Rin: Thanks for all your feedbak about this problem.

I had suffered the "unable to process the request" with my MotoACTV, but using only music and without any Ant+ sensor.

I just used a Bluetooth stereo headset. 

Options

6 Posts

07-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 58 of 125

2012-07-31, 15:36 PM
 Good news! Got news from Motorola today on this issue:

Matt: Good news ... the development team is testing a solution for the issue of the workout tab not displaying. If all goes well, this will be deployed in the next day or two. I will keep you posted.

Everybody check it out in a few days. Hopefully this issue will be resolved!
Options

6 Posts

07-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 59 of 125

2012-07-31, 15:37 PM
 Good news! Got news from Motorola today on this issue:

Matt: Good news ... the development team is testing a solution for the issue of the workout tab not displaying. If all goes well, this will be deployed in the next day or two. I will keep you posted.

Everybody check it out in a few days. Hopefully this issue will be resolved!
Options

64 Posts

03-23-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 60 of 125

2012-07-31, 21:51 PM

Sigh.  I'd hoped that the long delay (stemming back to them neglecting the elevation data thread) was due to them just starting from scratch again with the portal.  Instead, that reply suggests they've come up with a "fix".  Papering over the cracks isn't going to work, the software side is riddled with errors - someone just needs to purge all the poor coding and do a proper job with it.  Ad hoc fixes to errors that forum users point out really isn't convincing, especially when it takes the forum users no time at all to identify the cause of the errors (e.g. music triggering the "Unable to process the request" message) and Motorola a week and a half to respond (or, in the case of elevation data not being displayed, about 5-6 weeks and counting). 

Someone suggested earlier that they thought Moto might outsource the portal to Strava or someone... how I wish that were true, because otherwise I have no faith that we'll continue to be anything other than ongoing beta testers.  Right now, the problem is just one of lack of confidence in the implementation - I have a big ride coming up in August (the Hotter n Hell event, if anyone knows it - I'm flying to the US to take part) and right now I just don't know if I actually trust the device enough now that there won't be some other issue rendering my data inaccessible.  The "safe" option of a Garmin and a separate mp3 player is starting to appeal more.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms