Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

08-05-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 81 of 125

Re: Unable to process the request

2012-08-07, 17:52 PM

splinterthumb said:

I just got my watch last week and got one good workout sync...the the "unable" error on sync. No issues  I'm having red ring of death (xbox) deja vu... I was so excited to use this thing...No problems with the music feature (although it's not loud enough for me)...

Hi Splinterthumb

About music sound... you should give a try with http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/ Those bluetooth headset are awsome with Motoactv. Sound is very loud and clear. I love it !!! 

JmCourir

Options

7 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 82 of 125

2012-08-07, 20:00 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

We think we know what this is.

Our guys think the problem comes up when songs are quickly skipped during a workout. This was putting a lot of "garbage" data into the upload. They think they have fixed it and that it will be implemented in the next update, probably next week, mid-week. The fix should be retroactive.

Thanks for all the reports and information on this. Sorry for the problems!

I was getting frustrated as well with this error message, and it only seemed to show up after long workouts.  I have no problems when I don't listen to music or have short workouts where I didn't skip any music.  Any possibility of the updates running before Sunday?

Options

12 Posts

07-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 83 of 125

2012-08-08, 3:25 AM

I give up - Got my RMA number and returned it to the store. If motoactv gets this figured out i may come back. I have had too many issues with this device and this is the only one that has got any attention and it's still not fixed. I have spent WAY more time on this than I should have.

Options

33 Posts

07-20-2012

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 84 of 125

2012-08-08, 20:44 PM

Frown It happened today, 2nd time.... It was very frustating ,because it was a wonderful training session.. I hope Motorola could resolve this error ASAP....

Options

64 Posts

03-23-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 85 of 125

2012-08-09, 13:50 PM

So, we're closing in on almost three weeks since this problem was raised.

Three weeks that a SIGNIFICANT number of users have been completely unable to access their data.

Does anyone really believe a full-time team of professional coders is attending to the portal?  This bug should've been resolved in days.  Heck, Moto could've outsourced the issue on Guru or Freelancer and probably had a contract coder come in and resolve it by now.  It's clear that absolutely zero time or focus is being dedicated to Motoactv and the portal now - frankly the whole thing reeks of an experiment Moto tried, got disappointing sales figures and now just want to walk away from.  Fine, but first change the device management so we can get our data directly off the Motoactv and not have to battle the hopelessly embarrassing coding that is the portal.

Options

26 Posts

08-05-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 86 of 125

2012-08-09, 13:57 PM

Hi Lbro, 

I agree that #MOTOROLA #MOTOACTV should allowed us to get data without having to sync from their portal. I'd like to see my training files in a folder in SDCARD. 

Come on Motorola, as big as you are out there............. Major bugs should at least be fix.... 

Waiting for a good reply from Motorola.

@JmCourir

Options

28 Posts

03-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 87 of 125

2012-08-09, 14:16 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

We think we know what this is.

Our guys think the problem comes up when songs are quickly skipped during a workout. This was putting a lot of "garbage" data into the upload. They think they have fixed it and that it will be implemented in the next update, probably next week, mid-week. The fix should be retroactive.

Thanks for all the reports and information on this. Sorry for the problems!

Matt:

What is the status of this issue?  You suggest a pending update may address these issues, but how does an update of the Motoactv device itself remedy our issue of not being able to access existing data already uploaded to the portal?  While there may be some "garbage" data included in uploads from affected Motoactv devices, the data is good in that one can download the .csv files and post to other sites such as Strava, Endomondo, Mapmyride, etc, and view the workouts without problems.  That is, the "garbage" data does not pose a problem to other portals that tabulate and display our workouts. 

The problem is that we can not directly access and view any of our data via the Motoactv portal.  While a device update may partially address or resolve the discrete workout issue, its imperative that your guys address the portal as well if we are to ever realize the promised performance and the attributes touted of the Motoactv system.

I'll add that I reverted to using my Android phone for a workout this past weekend (given that my Motoactv device is in the shop for repair) and I was reminded just how convenient and clever the Motoactv device really is.  Not having the Motoactv device made me realize that Motorola has a great product that stands above the competition.  Nowhere else can one find wireless syncing, music, small form factor, and ease of use as found in the Motoactv device.   I urge Motorola to either resolve and enhance the portal or reach some sort of agreement with, say, Strava, whereby they could handle all of the web side issues. 

Options

8 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 88 of 125

2012-08-09, 16:23 PM

Man o man, new issue for me last night while training... HR monitor was behaving erraticly... "here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR"..."here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR". I guess it does make things interesting... maybe I'll have a heart atttack on the treadmill"..."maybe I won't have a heart attack on the treadmill"...etc. I trible checked and the thing was on right, trainer confirmed...

Starting to think I bought a lemon, and from the looks of this forum developer response rate..there is no lemonade being made...

Fool me once.... 1 week and it's going back (like Mikeymoto), If I wanted to be a product tester I would've taken more engineering in College.

Options

129 Posts

02-17-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 89 of 125

2012-08-09, 16:27 PM

splinterthumb said:

Man o man, new issue for me last night while training... HR monitor was behaving erraticly... "here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR"..."here's your HR"..."nope, can't have your HR". I guess it does make things interesting... maybe I'll have a heart atttack on the treadmill"..."maybe I won't have a heart attack on the treadmill"...etc. I trible checked and the thing was on right, trainer confirmed...

Starting to think I bought a lemon, and from the looks of this forum developer response rate..there is no lemonade being made...

Fool me once.... 1 week and it's going back (like Mikeymoto), If I wanted to be a product tester I would've taken more engineering in College.

I have been having this same problem lately. I started a separate thread about it this morning. I only see it happening when running or doing aerobics, it's fine for weights and yoga. Haven't done any other type of training in the time since the problem began so I can't comment.

Options

7 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 90 of 125

2012-08-09, 16:35 PM

Starkman78 said:

splinterthumb said:

I have been having this same problem lately. I started a separate thread about it this morning. I only see it happening when running or doing aerobics, it's fine for weights and yoga. Haven't done any other type of training in the time since the problem began so I can't comment.

I was having problems with the HR monitor a couple of weeks ago at the gym.  I always sync my HR monitor to my Motoactv before I leave my house (a habit I started with my Garmins, because they would always try to pick up everyone else's HRs as well).  I forgot and was at the gym when I synced it.  When I checked to see how many sensors it was picking up, there were at least 10 on the feed.  This was the only time it gave me problems.  If you were working out a gym, there could have been interference from other HR monitors.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)