Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

02-12-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 9

What's the future of Motoactv?

2013-07-23, 22:35 PM

It would appear that this device is dead. Sad to see that as it has the BEST features out on the market of ANY device of its class. Even the new smartwatches that are proposed STILL don't have all the features of the Motoactv AND have the sleek and slim formfactor. There just isn't anything like it.

That being said, mine has a cracked LCD and there is a slowly growing spot in the display itself. It is slowly dieing. Sending it in to get fixed will run about $70 which is cheaper than buying a new/used one, but what is the future of it really?

I will miss this device when it finally croaks, but would like to know what options there are out there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks all!

Options

25 Posts

01-18-2012

Netherlands

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: What's the future of Motoactv?

2013-07-24, 8:05 AM

Unfortunately, the future is history for the MotoActv...

Options

5 Posts

04-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2013-11-29, 16:17 PM

Really bummed.  Love the device and like jleebiker2013 so accurately  stated, there is no other one like it in the marketplace.  Very sad to see this wearable piece of tech bit the dust.

Options

11 Posts

01-22-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2013-12-01, 19:48 PM

I agree, the Motoactv is a great device that does not yet have an equal.  I'm at my 2 year anniversary with the device & it has been great at doing what it's meant to do. It's a great exercise monitoring device as well as a "second screen" to my Android phone.  I'm surprised that Motorola never built on the successful workings of the device.  I don't know what distractions have been going on behind the scenes, given the purchase of Motorola by Google, but the marketing for this product just didn't happen. I guess we just need to enjoy what we have until the next comparable product comes out and hope that our Motoactv device keeps running!

Options

68 Posts

07-19-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2013-12-11, 5:13 AM

The new Adidas Micoach Smart Run appears to be the closest thing to the old Motoactv, but adds a strapless heart rate monitor. My old Motoactv is still working, but I got frustrated with the website so changed over to a Tomtom device. It is still far from reaching its full potential and lacks the music player of the Motoactv, but it is a bit less frustrating to deal with than Motorola.

Options

5 Posts

04-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2013-12-12, 20:28 PM

Holy Cannoli!! The Addias Smart Run is $400! I'm sticking with my Motoactv til it dies a tragic death, Google wakes up and continues to support,  or someone makes a  reasonable price substitute (e.g. the Polar Loop).

Options

13 Posts

08-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2013-12-15, 20:03 PM
Someone nabbed my Motoactv at my last race this month. I'm beyond upset because once I start looking at replacement devices, there was nothing which came close to its functionality. I would end up buying at least 3 devices to get all the things that the Motoactv does. I don't want to repurchase a "dead" product, but I'm debating doing just that and writing a really compelling letter to Google to pick the Motoractv and do something with it. Really upset about these prospects.
Options

5 Posts

04-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2013-12-17, 18:38 PM

Mizcrys322, bummer.  But if you liked it, I would get another one.  The prices have really dropped;  if you Google it, you should be able to get for quite a bit less.

Options

14 Posts

10-10-2012

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 9 of 9

2013-12-23, 21:03 PM

I really hope they don't let MotoActv fizzle out and disappear and there is a faint glimmer of hope. It appears that Google are not far from releasing their own smartwatch, likely to be a Nexus device. Samsung and Sony already have products on the market and LG are also meant to be readying theirs. Motorola remain quiet on the subject yet have previous smartwatch experience with the MotoActv, bags of flagship device experience from their own product ranges especially motoX and are a Google company. Surely they must be involved with the Nexus watch? Google also have sports tracker experience from My Tracks but it's never been taken seriously. If Google don't make use of the MotoActv brand and features I will personally hunt down Schmidt, Page and Brin and slap them round the face with a wet fish.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms