Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 12

can't create ANY zones?

2012-03-11, 5:06 AM

I see people posting workarounds on how to create pace zones (as an example) so settings will stick....I can't figure out how to create them in the first place....where would I input the data?

The drop down only has "my zone templates" - and is not selectable. Am I in the wrong place?

Confused...

Thanks,

Bernie

Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re: can't create ANY zones?

2012-03-11, 18:04 PM

Does anybody have any feedback here? I just discovered that my heartrate zones don't transfer into workouts either...I set them, saved them as a template - they show up correctly when I log on (under settings / fitness zones) but I can't find the (supposedly) saved template anywhere. 

When I go into a workout and call up zones, I see what's attached in the screenshot...and when I click onto "set my hear trate zones", it takes me back to the screen where I can see that my zones are set.

This is very frustrating...because zones is one thing I do want to be able to track.

Thanks,

Bernie

Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2012-03-12, 8:49 AM

OK - let me try to phrase this in a question: when you guys set up your heartrate zone and saved them as a template, does the name you saved it under show up in the drop-down menue for the zones? Mine doesn't - maybe that's the issue (or I'm missing something else entirely).

Thanks,

Bernie

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 4 of 12

2012-03-12, 16:38 PM

To get Pace Zones, you need to do a running Fit Test first.

For heart rate zone, if you save it with a new name and click "Save Zone Template." that is the zone you should see when you go back to the relevant workout. That page is not nearly as intuitive as it can be and it's being reworked to make it clearer, easier, etc.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2012-03-12, 19:45 PM

Thanks Matt!

Roger on the pace zones.

Still not clear on the heart rate zone - I can save it (have to provide a new name) - but the new name doesn't show up. Since it's saved, I assumed it saved it under "Default Heart Rate Zone" (essentially only allowing one heart rate zone instead of different ones - one for running and one for biking, for example).

Under "settings", I see my heart rate zones displayed....but under the workout, I see zone 1 through 5 having a spread of 10 heart beats total...zone 1 starting at 70 and zone 5 ending at 80.

Maybe this also needs a fit test?

Bernie

Options

30 Posts

01-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 12

2012-03-12, 20:11 PM

Those Heart Rate Zones look incorrect.  They are barely above what a typical fit resting heart rate would be.  You would see zero minutes in those zones, as you would likely spend the entire workout in excess of 120 bpm.

What you probably want to do is spread the zones out to fit the typical zone array.  Then keep your entire workout within one single zone.  I spend most of my workout in Zone 3, jumping up to Zones 4 or 5 on occasion.  I use the HRM data and zone break down to know when my heart has strengthened and my current workout is too easy.

The Heart Rate Zones have worked fine for me without ever doing a fit test.  I manually pushed myself at the end of my cardio exercise for a few days in one week.  I picked my peak heart rate from those pushes as my maximum heart rate.  The rest of the zones can be calculated from that maximum.

Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2012-03-12, 20:23 PM

I HAVE set them...see image. They just don't show up in the workout...not sure where the range is coming from?

Bernie

Options

30 Posts

01-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2012-03-12, 20:40 PM

Sorry.  From your post, I had gotten the impression that you were trying to set one single heart rate zone.  I thought maybe you were trying to set one zone with a range of 70 - 80.

This is much clearer now.  I only use the Elliptical exercise (and occasionally walking) with the HRM.  I can't say if they work properly for other exercise modes, though naturally they should.

There are times when the zone changes will take a while to propagate down to the device.  it seems odd.  Have you tried restarting the device a time or two before and after syncing?  Maybe you need to work through one exercise with the wrong zones.  Just possible things that could help.

Options

14 Posts

03-09-2012

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2012-03-12, 21:19 PM

I just did a fit test - and my heart rates got adjusted (2 beats - so not a big deal). Now I have a template named "carmichael" but still nothing in the workout. 

I will see if I have get HR zones the next time I run...will post then.

Thanks for your help.

Bernie

Options

30 Posts

01-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2012-03-12, 22:03 PM

Oh, I see now.  maybeme, are you looking for the zones to retroactively update old workouts?

I have not seen any changes propagate to prior workouts in the portal.  They seem to lock in at the time the workout is updated uploaded (*edit).  There are benefits and drawbacks either way.  A benefit is that if your zones change, your old work outs are locked in where your zones were (yesterday, last year, etc.).  The drawback (in this case) is if something was incorrect, it does not get corrected for the past.

I had a similar issue where I had not set my Heart Rate Zones, but could not get them to retroactively calculate for my old workouts with a HRM.

After a new work out, with the zones properly set, I suspect you should be good from here on out.  It's much better having the zone information to refer to on the portal.  I have really dialed in my workouts.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms