Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-08-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 10

Can't create MOTOACTV account?

2014-01-08, 19:46 PM

I purchased a new Motoactv from Amazon 2 days ago and I've been trying since then to complete the activation with motoactv.com. I have a motocast account and have tried connecting to my PC and also using Wi-Fi on the device itself. I went for my first run with the watch today and its great, exactly what I was after but unfortunately I'm stuck not being able to upload my run data.

I called support today and they said they were aware of the issue and working on it but had no timeframe for fixing it!? Has anyone else had this issue? Really hoping I haven't just wasted my money as the device itself seems great.

Thanks,

Ian

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2014

Paraguay

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re: Can't create MOTOACTV account?

2014-01-10, 0:33 AM

I've had a motoactv for 2 years. Nvr had a problem until 3 days ago when it stopped uploading my workout data. Hope this is not a sign of things to come...?

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2014-01-11, 12:08 PM

IS anyone else having issues logging in? Mine stopped uploading so i factory reset it and now it wont ever sign in.

Options

2 Posts

01-20-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2014-01-20, 6:38 AM

Same issue here.  I purchased a refurbished Motoactv 16GB watch over a week ago.  I downloaded MotoCast to my desktop (MAC/OS 10.6) computer and laptop (PC/Win 8) and downloaded/installed the updates with no issues.  However, for an entire week, I have been unable to associate the watch to my MotoCast ID via computer (using both computers) and WiFi directly on the device.  On the computers I receive an "Error Code 20" message.  On the device, I get the following error after the device attempts to authenticate: "Could not sign in MotoCast ID. If the problem persists, you can sign in with your ID later in Settings."

I have been trying to sign-in/authenticate/associate the device to my MotoCast going as far as creating a new account using a second e-mail address.  I have had no success at all.

This sucks royally.

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2014-01-20, 9:08 AM

Hi Sramfl, my issues are exactly the same as yours. Still no luck fixing it and this is a pretty poor introduction to Motorola products to be honest as a new customer.

If its not fixed in the next couple of days I'll have to return the product, which I really don't want to do. Its perfect for running and golf but if I can't get any data of it then its fairly useless to me. sad

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2014

Paraguay

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2014-01-20, 22:41 PM

I seem to have found a solution. The garmin forerunner 310xt and iPod shuffle!!

Options

2 Posts

01-20-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2014-01-20, 23:31 PM

v4frp said:

Hi Sramfl, my issues are exactly the same as yours. Still no luck fixing it and this is a pretty poor introduction to Motorola products to be honest as a new customer.

If its not fixed in the next couple of days I'll have to return the product, which I really don't want to do. Its perfect for running and golf but if I can't get any data of it then its fairly useless to me. sad

View original

I hear ya.  I have a couple of Garmins and appreciate having one GPS device I can use for running which will let me track metrics and play music. 

Options

14 Posts

10-10-2012

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 8 of 10

2014-01-25, 10:33 AM

Mine's still working ok, last workout on Thursday uploaded fine. I do seem to remember  having issues getting the account up and running in the first place though. I had a Xoom 2 ME tablet and set up the account for that but then couldn't post in forums. It all got sorted after an email though.

Options

11 Posts

09-02-2012

United States

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 9 of 10

2014-01-28, 13:29 PM

I can't login anymore either....did a factory reset now it doesn't let me sign in.  I can sign in the website no issue from my browser but not from my device.

For those of you that bought this off woot I would start to think about rooting the device and installing TCXexporter.  I haven't done it yet but I'm getting close.

Options

2 Posts

03-12-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2014-03-12, 14:52 PM

I had just purchased a "new" Motoactv and was having issues initially setting up the device as you had mentioned. I was really frustrated and ready to send it to Motorola to get a new one when I came across a post that talked about a bad stock image that was installed at the factory.

The post referred to a site, Cleardroidroms.com, that has a program to re-flash the image on the device.

I tried it and it worked! **NOTE- USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Just follow the directions to download the latest version of the tool (near the middle of the page, you don't need to download the mod pack or the latest STABLE BUILD) verso 2.0.1, then follow the directions.

You do not have to root it!

Once complete, go through the steps again (don't setup anything on the device!) and the motoactv app will now allow you to update the device (note- there were 3-4 updates that needed to be applied.)

Once the updates were installed, everything worked great and I could logon to the site without any connection errors.

Hope this helps.

Dagoof

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms