Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 7

Google smartwatch announcement tomorrow?

2013-05-14, 20:34 PM

Get ready for Google announcement tomorrow:

Google Smartwatch is real and its being made by Motorola!

See also:

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-smartwatch-real-207878/

Lets hope it has all the features of the motoactv.  And would be real nice if it integrates with the portal of our choice.....

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Google smartwatch announcement tomorrow?

2013-10-14, 22:51 PM

Well lets hope again that there might be some announcement tomorrow (that is October 15th).  My hope is that any watch announcement will have all fhe functionality of the motoactv.  I doubt that the portal will be around for much longer as there has been no improvements at all, but maybe a new watch will work with runkeeper and other portals of the users choice.  

http://www.techradar.com/news/portable-devices/google-watch-to-get-a-heavy-dose-of-google-now--1189437

Options

74 Posts

07-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 7

2013-10-16, 15:56 PM

There is a lot of good reading out there and no shortage of speculation to what their new watch will be like

All I really want is everything I have today with better water resistance and technical support. The more companies release their version of a smart watch, the more I see Motorola had a great product to begin with ahead of others.  I would only consider buying a new one if had stand alone capabilities, instead of the current trend of having to be paired with a phone. It has to have GPS and the sensors the MotoActv has along with MP3.  It has to have wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, and ANT.   I've said it before, the buyout just happened at the wrong time for this product to be supported fully and to shine. The majority of small grips I have would have been addressed with software updates. The bigger issues were water resistance and charging to accommodate it.  I still love my Motoactv and it continues to see 20+ hours a week of exercise use.

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2013-10-16, 20:03 PM

Couldn't agree more.  Although even if Sony seems to be supporting ANT, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it deprecated by Google/Motorola in favor of Bluetooth low energy. (Same functionality, but open protocol/no licensing required) Otherwise, yes lets hope for a stand alone device, with all the sensors needed for multi sports + mp3 player.  

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2013-10-17, 0:43 AM

MartinF said:

There is a lot of good reading out there and no shortage of speculation to what their new watch will be like

All I really want is everything I have today with better water resistance and technical support. The more companies release their version of a smart watch, the more I see Motorola had a great product to begin with ahead of others.  I would only consider buying a new one if had stand alone capabilities, instead of the current trend of having to be paired with a phone. It has to have GPS and the sensors the MotoActv has along with MP3.  It has to have wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, and ANT.   I've said it before, the buyout just happened at the wrong time for this product to be supported fully and to shine. The majority of small grips I have would have been addressed with software updates. The bigger issues were water resistance and charging to accommodate it.  I still love my Motoactv and it continues to see 20+ hours a week of exercise use.

View original

Whoohoo!!  Check this out!

http://www.slashgear.com/adidas-micoach-smart-run-android-smartwatch-detailed-16301731/

Options

74 Posts

07-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 7

2013-10-17, 16:58 PM

Lots of articles showing up on this.  I'm sure we can expect a review from DCRAINMAKER soon.  So I like the addition of the heart rate monitor and vibration and longer battery life, but I use my Motoactv when hiking and biking also.  I also have a FM player i use when I don't care about the headphone wire, but would give it up if it helped the waterproofing.  I paid around $200 also!   Nice, but not ready to give up my Motoactv for it just yet. 

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2013-10-17, 17:34 PM

MartinF said:

Lots of articles showing up on this.  I'm sure we can expect a review from DCRAINMAKER soon.  So I like the addition of the heart rate monitor and vibration and longer battery life, but I use my Motoactv when hiking and biking also.  I also have a FM player i use when I don't care about the headphone wire, but would give it up if it helped the waterproofing.  I paid around $200 also!   Nice, but not ready to give up my Motoactv for it just yet. 

View original

Yep, I would also have the same issues.  I do both cycling and running.  But one of my big concerns too is Adidas seems to keep your data hostage.  I don't think it plays well with others.  But that is also a problem with using the motoactv going forward.  Yes we  an export our data, but it would be nice to know that there is a future with the portal/technology that we are using.  I like runkeeper and have used that with my phone, (and imported motoactv data) but it doesn't support cadence for cycling.  And also you can only do speed or pace for everything, whereas with the moto portal it uses by default speed for cycling and pace for running.    Ahhhh if only someone can provide us everything we want!!!!

bk

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms