Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

74 Posts

07-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 7

MOTO 360 Sport - You have my attention.

2015-09-08, 12:48 PM

Hopefully we see some specs soon. So far all I see is it has GPS on board and a more robust band.  I really hope they put everything they had on the Motoactv and make it easy to export to other training apps. They had a lot of good user data and input to build off of. I still love my Motoactv, but if you build it better, I'm in.

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: MOTO 360 Sport - You have my attention.

2015-09-10, 18:09 PM

Im in too.  Right now I have the Sony smartwatch 3. My thoughts on Sony below.  I really hope that moto can do better.  The big question is can androidware allow somehow the functionality of the motoactv.  Notification cards and swiping is not the best interface IMO.  But soon as its available i'll be in.....

Sony experience:

1)  GPS accuracy is extremely poor.  Not sure if this is hardware or software, but hopefully moto will do much better

2) It seems with the current androidwear, you can't pair more than one bluetooth device at a time.  The result of this is that when using the Sony, if you have a heart rate monitor paired, you can't listen to music.  If you want to listen to music (bluetooth only), then forgo the heart rate monitor.  Weird.  Hopefully this will also evolve.

3)  The current apps are not well thought out.  With either Runkeeper or Ghost, music will randomly stop and if you fiddle with anthing your risk your watch rebooting or otherwise losing your data.

Options

13 Posts

11-03-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2015-10-23, 18:28 PM

I too am very excited for the Sport. I have a Motoactv right now, and really loved it. I am a little afraid though, as having the Motoactv site go down make the "Sport" functions of the watch useless. Do we think that it'll require back-end support? I'm trying to temper my excitement since the Motoactv support has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Options

74 Posts

07-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2015-12-01, 18:16 PM

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-360-sport

First details.  Overall not bad.  A little disappointed in no ANT+ and no details on battery life. I was also hoping for swimming, but think I understand why it's not in there. I really like it uploads to third party sites.  No details on coaching over the headphones or reading you your metrics?  No details on how you can plan runs or interval training.

Options

23 Posts

03-25-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2015-12-05, 15:29 PM

I am a little concerned since I don't see a statement of GPS within the spec but a statement within the advertisement pics. I'm hoping this is NOT the uses your cell phone GPS via WiFi communication.

I'm looking for something that I can use for running and gold; like the MotoActv that is totally phone Independant.

Options

1 Posts

01-25-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2016-01-01, 15:10 PM

Did you check the last device of Tomtom. It includes GPS, heart monitoring and music ?

Options

23 Posts

03-25-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2016-01-01, 16:14 PM

I definitely see the Motorola Sport has the GPS built-in.. I am hoping at a minimum it can do all of the things the MotoActv can with a better battery life..

I am very concerned the MotoActv site is no longer working (it seems), but at least the MotoActv golf functionality still works and I assume I may have a problem with future golf course updates (if they require the moto site or referral from) unless they go directly to their partner site for the golf stat. update retrievals.

Edit: Site is still working but need to login and then close window and go back to site again. Seems post login forwarder is broken and URL link to dashboard site has changed. Watch still syncs also..

Thanks for pointing out the TomTom device but no Android Wear, device screen looks like 100 year old tech and horrid scrolling pad will not let me buy it.. I do see a bit of motoactv copy again where it can be mounted to bike/push cart.. I've always said the MotoActv was 100 years ahead of everyone else.

Thanks for your response and allowing me to vent..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms