Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-05-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 271 of 313

Re: So who here is keeping the motoACTV?

2013-09-05, 8:07 AM

I'll keep mine. The device itself is ok. The bad thing is the lack of development, lack of support...

Options

1 Posts

09-09-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 272 of 313

2013-09-09, 7:54 AM

I'm keeping mine, but its in pieces.  Most of the time I wasted 4-12 minutes waiting for it to find GPS.  Some days it would find it immediately, most days it would take several attempts, and some days it wouldn't find it at all.  I've run in different places in different states.  Look, I understand that it won't find it under a canopy of trees in a deep valley in a remote area in West Virginia on a cloudy day.  However, when it's a sunny day in Syracuse, NY in a field with no trees; that's unacceptable.  The website is slow and glitchy, the device needed reset every other workout to sync.  It kept saying LOGGING IN.  And it didn't matter whose WiFi I was using.  The website has so many problems that it requires another forum topic altogether.

I really liked the device features (when they functioned): touchscreen, pace, elevation, metrics, coaching, mp3 player, wireless headphones, water resistant/proof, heart rate monitor connectivity, automatic upload via WiFi, push-button workout pause and music scrolling, etc.  Although, the bad outweighed the good and after 10 months of glitches and wasting precious workout and family time, it suddenly went hurling to the pavement at about 50mph. That felt really good by the way. 

I went back to MapMyRun and now I can concentrate on working out.  MapMyRun and my running partner's Garmin, locates GPS immediately.  The distances and elevations were pretty much the same. +/- .04mile and +/- 50ft elevation.  Close enough for me.  I admit.  I'm not exactly thrilled about wearing an armband again or using a sandwich bag to protect my phone from the rain.  But, it'll have to do. 

I was really excited about the Motoactv and I must admit it motivated me to run again; but I couldn't stand all the glitches.  Will I buy one of the new GPS watches coming out?  Ahem.  Excuse me.  Let me rephrase.  Will my wife let me spend the money on one of the new GPS watches coming out?  I don't know.   I do know that I won't buy one from Motorola again.  I'm sorry, Motorola.  I don't mean to be like that, but I was really disappointed with my device and I wasn't going to spend more money on fixing something that shouldn't have malfunctioned to begin with.  And fix your website. 

Options

32 Posts

06-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 273 of 313

2013-09-09, 14:22 PM

Absolutely love this post! Pretty much says it all. (And, so far mine is still functioning okay, but I don't like knowing that at any moment it could just heave the big death sigh and that will be it ... )

Options

10 Posts

07-18-2012

Spain

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 274 of 313

2013-09-09, 15:52 PM

I bought my MotoACTV in July of 2012 and I love it. I haven’t any hardware problems but  the worst is the lack of software development (no updates in one year) and a website without updates and with a lot of problems. I would like to listen an official answer from Motorola or Google about this situation.

Options

4 Posts

01-24-2014

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 275 of 313

2014-02-02, 6:35 AM

Love it so far.  Of course it has issues but what device doesn't.  I use GPS 99 % of the time and it gives me an accurate route.  Also use the MP3 player as much, have to admit I did switch out original headphones that came with it cause they weren't that great but if you get a half decent pair it will sound pretty good.  haven't had any real glitches with it yet  but haven't had it that long.  Battery seems to drain fast but I knew that before getting it.  My next thing is to get some Bike sensors to pair with it, cadence and of course I need a heart rate strap, hoping I can get some at a good price point and they will pair easily.

Options

1 Posts

02-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 276 of 313

2014-02-02, 20:17 PM

I want to say thanks for a great product! I recently purchased my MOTOACTV and I absolutely love it. I wish I knew about it when it initially hit the market. The watch is definitely ahead of its time, the other smart watches that are out at this time just don't cut it yet when it comes to being used as a workout device. I am looking forward to the next generation of this device from Motorola. A little more memory, app options/downloads and battery life would be great. I would also like to see a rubberized case like an Otter Box case for this product. I have been using the hell out of this thing and so far I am happy with my purchase.

Keep up the good work, there are a lot people who are still recommending this product for training.

Options

73 Posts

02-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 277 of 313

2014-02-02, 22:24 PM
Poor sucker. Motorola bailed on this P.O.S. of a product a long time ago.
Here is my review on Amazon.com
I sent my Motoactv in for repair 2 times for the same issue. The headphone jack had a short in it. Nothing was said about it having water damage. After the received it the second time I didn't even where it. I tried it in doors and it still didn't work. The third time I sent it in I waited a month before I called on it. They said they didn't receive it and I lost my tracking number but had my RMA number. They refused to help me. I later found my tracking number and proved that they had it. motoactv: "oh yeah here it is". They returned it saying it was water damaged and had someone else's info in it in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish. After hour and hours on the phone with them they gave me a retail price refund and I kept the watch. Motorola advertises this as water resistant anyways. It is by no means water resistant or sweat resistant. The headphone jack is wide open. I will never buy a Motorola product again.
Options

74 Posts

07-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 278 of 313

2014-02-02, 23:08 PM

I was worried about that headphone jack and requested the plugs.  They sent me 5 at no cost with a simple email.  I believe after i purchased mine they came with the plug as the norm.   I think given the low cost and lack of good options, I'd still buy one today.  I've been caught in many a rainstorm with no issues. I take care running in heavy rain though given other people's failures and have a small ziplock I use.  I'm not worried about sweat as long as the plugs are all in.

Motorola was just bought by Lenovo.  A couple of years ago Google bought them and now they sold them. I am worried that a replacement product may be delayed. For now, I still use mine almost daily without issue. Over two years and counting. 

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 279 of 313

2014-02-03, 1:37 AM

MartinF said:

.... I am worried that a replacement product may be delayed. For now, I still use mine almost daily without issue. Over two years and counting. 

View original

Don't worry about any delay.  The product is discontinued!

Options

73 Posts

02-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 280 of 313

2014-02-03, 5:34 AM

There are no more replacement products. They stopped making them. They gave me a refund check for the purchased price for mine after a very very long fight.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms