Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

04-24-2013

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 1 of 12

Unable to connect to the MotoActv portal

2014-09-10, 17:19 PM

I finished a 15-mile run and my MotoActv uploaded that activity. However, when I go to transfer my workout to RunKeeper, I find that I am unable to log into the MotoActv portal. When I go to retrieve my password, I get the error that my email was not registered. However, I am able to access this forum using my very same credentials..

Is this a transient issue? or is the MotoActv portal being discontinued?

Options

4 Posts

07-25-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to connect to the MotoActv portal

2014-09-12, 0:07 AM

dia 09 e 10 de setembro de não consegui, porem dia 11/09 parece tudo normal.A Motorola NÃO pode permitir que interrompam o site MOTOACTV, comprei meu relógio para poder usar este recurso e se o fizerem vou pedir Indenização.

Options

10 Posts

04-24-2013

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 3 of 12

2014-09-12, 4:37 AM

It is working again. I am able to log in using my current credentials.

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 4 of 12

2014-09-26, 1:07 AM

Yes, sadly since the device is discontinued, and Moto provided a way to export all your data in several formats, you'd  be best to not rely on this portal anymore.  Import your data to Runkeeper, or other service that will be around.  

https://tapiriik.com/  is an amazing sync service that works between Runkeeper, Strava, Garmin and several others including Dropbox.  Haven't tried it but you might be able to extract your motactv data to dropbox and let tapirik sync it.

That said, looks like moto as well as Runkeeper and Adidas, amoung others are partners with Google Fit.  Will be interesting to see what happens on that level.

https://developers.google.com/fit/  (Scroll down to see partners)

Bottom line:  Its pretty iffy to rely on the moto portal at this point.

Boyd

Options

2 Posts

11-20-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2014-11-20, 11:38 AM

Boyd.K said:

Yes, sadly since the device is discontinued, and Moto provided a way to export all your data in several formats, you'd  be best to not rely on this portal anymore.  Import your data to Runkeeper, or other service that will be around.  

Hi Boyd - I'd love to know how there is a way to export all data - as I can't access it on my Motoactv, and the portal isn't working - I can see my runs, but cannot access the data and it will not export from the site. Without this, I cannot import to Runkeeper/Strava...  Any solutions (without needing to root the device and use ADB, programming skills etc.) would be most appreciated.

Options

39 Posts

10-27-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2014-11-20, 19:13 PM

AACC,

Root it.  I have never rooted anything but did it in about 20 minutes last night and uploaded last nights run directly to Runkeeper without issue.  Hoping in the next few days to see the automatic upload work.  The motoactv will still load to the portal as well so you may have a backup.  I got the instructions right here on the forums on how to root.  If you can follow simple directions similar to installing any windows software you can do it.  Changes very little on the motoactv.  I think what scares others is seeing some that root to add a completely different "shell", i.e. to put full android on it.  That's for geeks that don't run and have too much time on their hands.  This process just adds an exporter tool to get the data other places.  See https://forums.motorola.com/posts/d3f6ca430e?page=19

Options

2 Posts

11-20-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2014-11-25, 5:36 AM

Hey okhiker,

Thanks!!

Still laughing from your reasoning for going ahead with Rooting the motoactiv - I've very glad you did. You convinced me my lack of technical skills wouldn't screw it up entirely. So, thanks for the encouragement - finally got around to installing, I had to adapt the instructions a little to add Fusion so I could run it on my Mac.

It looks like it's all good to go. There'll be a few teething issues, as there might be some loss of data, the new Export TCX function crashed a few times, and when it opens it says 192 (assume runs), though it doesn't list all 192 - it only goes back to Oct , and the most recent don't show up in the list at all. I'm not fussed though, as at least going forward I will be able to look at them even with the portal imploding!

On the absolute plus side, I can still see the device when it's mounted on the computer too, and it's giving me TCX files for the 2 tests I've just done, and a random run last month for good measure. I was able to import these to Strava really easily. I'm looking forward to checking out the auto upload with Runkeeper too...

Options

39 Posts

10-27-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2014-11-25, 6:00 AM

AACC,

Glad it worked for you.  I haven't tested it much yet but seems to be working.  Should get a few runs in this week and further check the auto upload to Runkeeper.

Options

6 Posts

07-21-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2014-11-26, 17:54 PM

Has anyone had any trouble with rooting due to the screen not showing "fastboot"? Any ideas on a work around

Options

11 Posts

06-24-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2014-11-28, 22:25 PM
Did you use the right button press combination to reboot? I think it's vol-down and power?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms