Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

02-20-2012

Jamaica

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

What would you replace the Motoactv with?

2014-06-15, 10:17 AM

My Motoactv has what appears to be a swollen battery that is causing the face to lift and while I plan on getting it repaired, it has occurred to me that I may have to replace it, but with what?  I really like this device. 

What is out there that can replace it?

Options

42 Posts

01-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: What would you replace the Motoactv with?

2014-06-16, 17:45 PM

When mine got wet and refused to start up properly a few months ago, I bought a new 8 gb MOTO on Amazon. Pretty sure it's still one of a kind in its price range.

Options

32 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2014-06-17, 13:13 PM

I am going through the same decision.  My MotoACTV Battery Died.  I can't make up my mine of what I want.  I want a waterproof device, but none of them will do bluetooth and Music.  so if I go that route, what do I need to carry for music.  I am trying to just get a replacement battery for my watch, and maybe get  a Garmin 910XT to go along with it.  I can't believe that in 4 years, no company has some out with a product better then the MotoActv.  I would need, Waterproof (50ft), Bluetooth Music, Swim, Bike, run Metrics.  The MotoActv is so close, just needed to be waterproof, and it would have been perfect.  Motorola pulled out way to fast from this market when they were so close!

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-06-19, 16:01 PM

My motoactv has basically been in the drawer for 6 or 8 months now.  The biggest downside for me is the portal.   The only small device that rivals the motoactv though is the adidas smartrun.  Problem is that it costs $400.00 and suffers from poor battery, other teething pains, a bit bulky, and data is 'locked' into Adidas site.  (They may have some export functionality now, but I don't think its convenient)

That said, until something else comes up, I bought myself an 8G  Moto G for $150.00 with no data.(Just use WIFI)  Its a lot bigger than a motoactv, so requires an armband for running, but bigger display is actually better for cycling.  And the advantage is you can use whatever fitness and music apps you want.  I have runkeeper/strava/wahoo a couple of gym apps.(and starbucks lol)  Since this is a low end phone (but awesome looking and very snappy), you want to limit the apps to what you need. The new moto E might be a good choice too.

Summary: it supports bluetooth devices (hr monitor/cadence sensor/ear buds), plays music and lets you choose the fitness portal you want.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms