Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MOTOACTV™
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

09-20-2014

United States of America

4 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 1 of 3

how to upgrade motoactv 16gb using win8.1

2014-09-21, 6:43 AM

hello,

i have not been able to install the latest Motorola Device Manager in Windows 8.1.  the installer i am using (MotorolaDeviceManager_2.4.5) runs, but i do not get the MDM icon that should appear in the system tray.  without the icon, i am not able to upgrade my Motoactv 16GB (MA 1.6.12 N16) to the latest version.  any ideas of what could be the problem?

thanks!

Options

170 Posts

12-06-2014

Vancouver

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: how to upgrade motoactv 16gb using win8.1

2014-09-26, 1:24 AM

The problem is that this is a discontinued and unsupported device! 

Check http://www.dcrainmaker.com/ for alternatives.  (There is currently nothing in my opinion that matches what the Motoactv *was*.  Too bad that Moto under Google didn't have the will to continue its development.

Options

7 Posts

09-20-2014

United States of America

4 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: how to upgrade motoactv 16gb using win8.1

2014-10-06, 4:50 AM

thanks so much for the excellent site, dcrainmaker.  it has great product reviews, but i was unable to search for mp3 capability.  the only watch i found that had standalone music and heart rate monitor capability was the Timex Ironman One GPS+, and it is not shipping yet.

i was able to upgrade the motoactv 16GB by resurrecting an old laptop that still had Windows Vista loaded.  the MDM installed correctly and the icon for upgrading the firmware appeared in the system tray.  i am now running MA 1.7.10 N16.  battery life seems to be better on this version.

i now have a problem with getting my motocast id to authenticate correctly, and i am not able to sync my workouts with the web.  this may be the topic for a new thread.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms