Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

10-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Feature Request: Adjustable Volume Over HDMI

2012-10-12, 10:17 AM

I use a HD Dock on my desk at work for charging and propping the phone up on a nice angle to view the screen. I would like to keep a set of headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the back of the dock but it seems like this is driven from the audio off of the HDMI jack and currently has no variable volume control. It is either full on or mute. I would love to have the option to set this output from fixed line level volume to adjustable for when the phone is on the dock. It would be great if this was a setting that would be remembered and automatically changed whenever I plug it in.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Feature Request: Adjustable Volume Over HDMI

2012-10-12, 18:17 PM

If you are not already, please sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network. The reason I mention it -- other than that we always need members, especially for newer phones like this one -- is that we have been considering running a Smart Actions survey and you could suggest that Audio Volume would make a good Action.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4740 Posts

06-19-2010

United States of America

101 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Feature Request: Adjustable Volume Over HDMI

2012-10-19, 19:35 PM
I do the exact same thing at work with my Photon Q. And i agree that the volume should be adjustable. I think that it meant to be an audio out for powered devices with their own volume control. Using Smart Action would be a very cool and simple way to solve this. Im game. i have been a long time Tasker user, I have been using Smart Action since i received that Photon. Not but, but very limited.

Thanks,
J
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms