Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

05-08-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎05-08-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-05-22, 16:56 PM


Okay, I just discovered one more problem.  My wife just commented that my texts were getting sloppy, that I'd stopped using capitals in the texts.  That puzzled me because I'm a stickler for capitalization and punctuation, so I went to send her a replay and discovered that the shift key function has changed on the physical keyboard.  Previously, with ICS, you could press and release the shift key and the next key you pressed behaved as if shifted.  No longer.  Now you have to continue to hold the shift key down to get it to function.  That's a serious problem for me as I have physical limitations on what I can do with my left hand.  I can use it to hold and support the phone while I type, but I cannot physically press any keys with it.  Trying to do so results in a dropped phone (I just spent half an hour trying to type capitals while standing over a cushion on the floor).  The only way for me to do capitals with the physical keyboard now is to turn on caps lock, type the letter, then go back and turn caps lock off again.  Three keystrokes, where before it only took two.  That, quite frankly, sucks.

Reply
Options

25 Posts

10-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 25
  • Registered: ‎10-06-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 32 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-05-22, 19:30 PM


I posted about the shift key issue above.  Sometimes it works the way you want it to, sometimes it works the way you are now experiencing it.  In my opinion this is the worse bug in this release.  It is one that I really wish they would have fixed.

Reply
Options

1 Posts

04-10-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎04-10-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 33 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-05-29, 18:06 PM


My main issue with the JB update is that whatever setting you set the phone brightness at won't stick....it keeps reverting back to the lowest slider position, which makes the screen almost completely unreadable in even the slightest bit of light.

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 34 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-05-31, 15:00 PM


PythonFanTN said:


My main issue with the JB update is that whatever setting you set the phone brightness at won't stick....it keeps reverting back to the lowest slider position, which makes the screen almost completely unreadable in even the slightest bit of light.


View original




Hello PythonFanTN,



I know there are a number of owners annoyed by the brightness changes after the update, have you tried using any brightness apps in the interim? I had already been using Lux Auto, so I didn't see this issue on my PQ after the update. I also use the Display Brightness app on my tablet and prefer both of these to the Android adjustment options. This might at least provide a more workable solution for you until the issue is resolved (typically in a future Android release).



FYI - There are many brightness issues for all models of devices being reported on the Android development web site for versions 4.1.1 - 4.1.2. Here is a link to one such defect: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=33830&q=brightness&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

19 Posts

05-08-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎05-08-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 35 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-07-12, 18:33 PM


Here's one more issue that I didn't notice until today.  Under ICS if I went and looked at the App Info page (Settings/Apps/tap any app) I had an option on that screen to share the app.  That would allow me to send someone a link to wherever I got the app from.  That was quite handy, and made it simple to tell a friend about an app you enjoyed and that they might like.  Today I went to send my wife a link to an app I thought she'd like and found out that option is gone.  There's no way that I can see to send someone a link to an app anymore (without going back to whereever you got it from in the first place and then sending a link from there.



I'm surprised that Google and Amazon are not up in arms over this, as that has to be bad for sales.



 



Or am I missing something obvious that I'm going to have to facepalm about later?

Reply
Options

16 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎12-27-2013
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 36 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-12-27, 23:15 PM


 Hello, I am having this same issue with my Motorola Photon Q on the sprint network. At first I thought my Bluetooth was to blame and almost gave up on it. Finally I joined this site and saw I could update my phone. I was on 4.0.4 and updated to 4.1.2 ( I do not know if this violates the rules for any reason like the previous comments were talking about. I hope not, but if so I am sorry, it was not intentional.) Anywho... the update did not fix my problem like I hoped it would. in fact, it seems to be worse. however, it is not just the Bluetooth that I am having issues with. these are the problems my phone is having:



1. Bluetooth and Speakerphone constantly disconnecting



2. notifications rarely working or on mute possibly



3. touch screen sees touches when nothing is there and goes spastic opening and shutting all kinds of things ( I found that locking and then unlocking phone fixes this temporarily)



4. since update I now have texts when I get a voicemail (sms voicemail or some bologna) and although I can hold "1" to check, I cannot use the voicemail app.



5. phone never connected to my car or was constantly disconnected. I don't remember what the case was. gave up after 2 days of trying. have a 2012 Hyundai accent. I tried hooking it up with the usb cable that plugs right into the car.



6. I did have an issue with the screen being just a big fuzzy picture of static. I took a screenshot and the screen shot was normal. it only happened once though.



Item was used when I bought it



Any help would very helpful. I wear my Bluetooth all day long cause you need 12 hands and full mobility as a stay at home mom of young ones.

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 37 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-12-27, 23:19 PM


amyjo158 said:


 Hello, I am having this same issue with my Motorola Photon Q on the sprint network. At first I thought my Bluetooth was to blame and almost gave up on it. Finally I joined this site and saw I could update my phone. I was on 4.0.4 and updated to 4.1.2 ( I do not know if this violates the rules for any reason like the previous comments were talking about. I hope not, but if so I am sorry, it was not intentional.) Anywho... the update did not fix my problem like I hoped it would. in fact, it seems to be worse. however, it is not just the Bluetooth that I am having issues with. these are the problems my phone is having:



1. Bluetooth and Speakerphone constantly disconnecting



2. notifications rarely working or on mute possibly



3. touch screen sees touches when nothing is there and goes spastic opening and shutting all kinds of things ( I found that locking and then unlocking phone fixes this temporarily)



4. since update I now have texts when I get a voicemail (sms voicemail or some bologna) and although I can hold "1" to check, I cannot use the voicemail app.



5. phone never connected to my car or was constantly disconnected. I don't remember what the case was. gave up after 2 days of trying. have a 2012 Hyundai accent. I tried hooking it up with the usb cable that plugs right into the car.



6. I did have an issue with the screen being just a big fuzzy picture of static. I took a screenshot and the screen shot was normal. it only happened once though.



Item was used when I bought it



Any help would very helpful. I wear my Bluetooth all day long cause you need 12 hands and full mobility as a stay at home mom of young ones.


View original


@amyjo



When you bought the device, was there any mention of "root"--either "never been rooted" or "rooted" or "rooted and returned to stock?"

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

16 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎12-27-2013
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 38 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-12-28, 3:21 AM


There was never any mention of it that I can remember. But I wouldn't have purchased if I knew it was jailbroken. I asked my husband if he thought my phone was rooted, he doesn't think so, but he isn't sure and said there are ways to figure it out, which is my next task.

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 39 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2013-12-30, 21:42 PM


amyjo158 said:


There was never any mention of it that I can remember. But I wouldn't have purchased if I knew it was jailbroken. I asked my husband if he thought my phone was rooted, he doesn't think so, but he isn't sure and said there are ways to figure it out, which is my next task.


View original


Hi Amyjo



Have you been able to ascertain whether or not your device was ever previously rooted?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

16 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎12-27-2013
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 40 of 69

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues

2014-01-03, 15:53 PM
OK I think I confirmed no root. I used the root checker app in the Google store
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms