10-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Photon Q keeps waking up at night

2012-10-12, 1:41 AM

I plug the phone in to charge at night, when it's fully charged, the screen lights up for a minute (to tell me it;s charged, i guess). This discharges the battery. It goes back to sleep. It then wakes up again, telling me it;s charged. repeat. Make it stop!

Solved! See the solution
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Photon Q keeps waking up at night

2012-10-14, 17:33 PM

Are you using the wall adapter and cable that came with the device?

This sounds like a setting:  notify when battery fully charged...I looked around in the menus but didn't find it--I will look again when I get a chance.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

11-04-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-11-04, 11:14 AM

Hey motorola forums !!! i dont think u have any responsibility at all.... it seems you guys never reply to any post 

i have the verry same problem as the girl above stated

i own a Motorola Fire XT530 and ever since i baught the phone (9 months a go) the screen keeps lighting up even if the phone is locked

and knowing rooting the device would void the warrenty i had to root and even after that the problem persists please give a solution for this problem....

WOULD YOU GUYS MIND RESPONDING TO THE QUESTIONS AT THE FORUM????

I DONT FIND A REASON WHY YOU GUYS EVEN HAVE A FORUM IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY!!!!

its really dissapointing i baught a phone from motorola.

Please release a custom ROM for this device..........

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2012-11-04, 17:26 PM

Yadu said:

Hey motorola forums !!! i dont think u have any responsibility at all.... it seems you guys never reply to any post 

i have the verry same problem as the girl above stated

i own a Motorola Fire XT530 and ever since i baught the phone (9 months a go) the screen keeps lighting up even if the phone is locked

and knowing rooting the device would void the warrenty i had to root and even after that the problem persists please give a solution for this problem....

WOULD YOU GUYS MIND RESPONDING TO THE QUESTIONS AT THE FORUM????

I DONT FIND A REASON WHY YOU GUYS EVEN HAVE A FORUM IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY!!!!

its really dissapointing i baught a phone from motorola.

Please release a custom ROM for this device..........

View original

I am only one person and I have posted and replied over 7000 times in these forums over the last year and half so I beg to differ with your claim that "it seems you guys never reply to any post"  Additionally, I replied to the original poster (OP) 3 days after they posed their question, and apparently something in my post warranted the "best answer" as it is only designated by the OP.

I do not know if you posted this same question in the Fire XT sections, but did you ever run your device in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app was causing this behavior?  Also, in previous models of Moto phones there used to be a setting that said something like "Battery Full Notification" in the sound settings.  I know for sure that the Photon 4G has this setting...  Last, odd screen behavior with 3rd party cables/adapters is a well documented issue in these forums--do you use the cable and adapter that came with your device?  And have you tried various wall outlets in various locations???

I know that you said you rooted to try to work around this issue, and while I commend your commitment to exploring options that aren't that easy, I sincerely hope that an easier option was not overlooked as that would mean you voided your warranty unnecessarily :(

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

3 Posts

11-04-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2012-11-05, 15:43 PM

I am only one person and I have posted and replied over 7000 times in these forums over the last year and half so I beg to differ with your claim that "it seems you guys never reply to any post"  Additionally, I replied to the original poster (OP) 3 days after they posed their question, and apparently something in my post warranted the "best answer" as it is only designated by the OP.

I do not know if you posted this same question in the Fire XT sections, but did you ever run your device in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app was causing this behavior?  Also, in previous models of Moto phones there used to be a setting that said something like "Battery Full Notification" in the sound settings.  I know for sure that the Photon 4G has this setting...  Last, odd screen behavior with 3rd party cables/adapters is a well documented issue in these forums--do you use the cable and adapter that came with your device?  And have you tried various wall outlets in various locations???

I know that you said you rooted to try to work around this issue, and while I commend your commitment to exploring options that aren't that easy, I sincerely hope that an easier option was not overlooked as that would mean you voided your warranty unnecessarily :(

View original

Hey sorry for the harsh words Igot carried away... i was just angry and i found the solution for the problem one of my apps had airpush in it and after deleting the app the phone started behaving alright.... 

Onceagain im really sorry....

But one question still stays unanswered why does this phone not have a CM9 update (ics update)....? and why is this phone having a froyo kernel ?( as this phone most probably was made to be a competitor with galaxy ace)

could u help me in removing some of the inbuilt applications in Moto FireXT530 which would not affect the phones software and performance on removal ?

SORRY once againe

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2012-11-05, 19:04 PM

Yadu said:

View original

Hey sorry for the harsh words Igot carried away... i was just angry and i found the solution for the problem one of my apps had airpush in it and after deleting the app the phone started behaving alright.... 

Onceagain im really sorry....

But one question still stays unanswered why does this phone not have a CM9 update (ics update)....? and why is this phone having a froyo kernel ?( as this phone most probably was made to be a competitor with galaxy ace)

could u help me in removing some of the inbuilt applications in Moto FireXT530 which would not affect the phones software and performance on removal ?

SORRY once againe

View original

No worries.  Thanks for the apology :)

The first couple of posts that I made here in the forums were from the point of view of a very frustrated and puzzled user so I can certainly understand that sometimes the frustrations that we feel in dealing with our devices can lead us to get vehement :) 

I'm unfortunately not familiar with your particular device, but my understanding is that up until recently most of the Motorola bootloaders were locked down which would mean that it wasn't possible for users to unlock and utilize a different OS like CM9.  You may find more info on this in the Fire XT section of the Moto Forums, or on the CM forums themselves.

Very happy to hear that you found the solution as to why your device was waking up at night :)  I hope you are equally successful in finding the solution to your question about ICS and alternative OS builds.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete