Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 44 (38 Views)

Photon To get Jellybean or $100 credit

Motorola announced today phones released in 2011 or later will get the Jellybean upgrade or a $100 credit for a new phone.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/05/motorola-promises-jelly-bean-updates-for-droid-razr-razr-maxx-droid-bionic-and-more/

Token Ring
Message 2 of 44 (38 Views)

Re: Photon To get Jellybean or $100 credit

Here's hoping a list of devices to get JELLY BEAN will soon be coming.A very nice gesture from MOTOROLA,either way.Let's hope they'll take this to the next logical step,& decide to offer a bootlocker unlocking tool for older ANDROID phones.

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 44 (38 Views)

KOLIO said:

Here's hoping a list of devices to get JELLY BEAN will soon be coming.A very nice gesture from MOTOROLA,either way.Let's hope they'll take this to the next logical step,& decide to offer a bootlocker unlocking tool for older ANDROID phones.

One of the articles I read showed the Electrify as one of the phones getting Jelly Bean. I am on Sprint and have the Photon (same phone)....

so here's hoping!

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 44 (38 Views)

Wow, that is a pretty interesting new policy from Motorola.

I'll be happy to get ICS on my Photon 4G, but Jelly Bean would be even better!

I registered for their email updates.

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 44 (38 Views)

The $100 offer is nice but it would be much better if Motorola would bring the Razr (or better yet the MAXX) to Sprint....

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 44 (38 Views)

It makes good business sense for Moto to support as few different OSes as possible, and it makes good business sense for Google to have devices running their latest OS which is smoother/faster/slicker than ICS.  So my hope is that we skip ICS and go right to JB in Q4.  Moto/Google showed with the Xoom that they could push JB out quickly and it runs great on my Xoom.  Fingers crossed!

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 44 (38 Views)

i'll believe it when i see it Undecided

Token Ring
Message 8 of 44 (38 Views)

Couple questions: 1) Don't you have to have ICS before you can receive JB; not applicable if rooted, etc.

2) How long is this offer good for; 2012-?; most of us/our 2yr period will be up NET @July2013, eligible for upgrade possibly without early termination.

Way I read most of it said; either receive JB(no specifice date) OR $100.00 put towards another Moto phone.  Is this correct?

Look how long it is taking just to receive ICS.  Seems more logical for them to include the hundred dollars to put towards a new phone which most cost around 200.00 anyway, which is still cool with me; possibly paying around 100.00 of your own money for a new phone with upgrade eligibility included.  Definately a win/win situation so far.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 44 (38 Views)

str8krazy said:

The $100 offer is nice but it would be much better if Motorola would bring the Razr (or better yet the MAXX) to Sprint....

+100!!!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 44 (38 Views)

kevdt67: I agree. I'll believe it when (if) I see it.  I wasn't predicting that would happen, just hoping.  And based on "some" logic, expressing that it would be a reasonable thing for Moto to do.  But by no means predicting...

strato1sg: I don't think there is any reason you must install ICS before JB.

And it seems that the Moto page referenced in the first post, now let's you sign up to be notified when JB news is available for your device.