Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rac8006
What's DOS?
Views: 2,430
Message 1 of 5

duplicate photos

Anybody else notice that they have duplicate photos?  I swear I removed all duplicates.  I had three duplicates or more.

later I checked the gallery and had duplicates two if each photo. 

RAC

Highlighted
moto_fan_man
Token Ring
Message 2 of 5

Re: duplicate photos

I have had endless problems with the stock Gallery App. It's trash. Don't use it. Try QuickPic from the market. It is a free gallery app that will do many of the things you would expect from the stock gallery app. For example you can control what folders to scan for photos and it also organizes then logically. I just wanted my Camera photos to be separate from my downloaded photos and the Album art. With QuickPic each folder has it's own gallery group, as it logically should.

The problem you are having could be that the photos are gone but the thumnails are still there. I had this problem with the stock app. My stock gallery has over 700 thumbnails for photos that don't exist. They never go away. I tried deleting the cache and I also deleted all the ".thumbnail" folders I could find. Never could clean it up.

With QuickPic the thumbnails go away when you delete the files... Wow!

twospirits
HDMI
Message 3 of 5

I was going to say maybe you have the camera in multimode setting, but you would get a instant view of the images once a picture is taken, so that can't be it. I never noticed the duplicate images (or lack of not able to delte the thumbnails).

TS

moto_fan_man
Token Ring
Message 4 of 5

I finally found out how to clear a corrupted gallery cache! It wasn't deleting the Gallery app data, no that would have made sense.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > ALL

Media Storage

"Clear Data" & "Clear Cache"

Now when you return to the Gallery it will be completely empty! Great! Your photos still exist too! Use Quickpic (or Gallery 3D) to view your stuff now. The stock gallery won't see your stuff anymore because it is stupid. Perhaps it would rescan after a reboot. I don't care, I don't use it anymore!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

@rac

rac8006 wrote:

Anybody else notice that they have duplicate photos?  I swear I removed all duplicates.  I had three duplicates or more.

later I checked the gallery and had duplicates two if each photo. 

RAC

Have you taken a peek at the storage drives to see if you do indeed have 2 file locations for each duplicated file?  The Gallery app will draw from everywhere, so if you have backup copies on the SD card it will bring those in when it populates the Gallery.  Same for the Music app....

As @motofanman says, the stock apps are quite "simple"

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Top Kudoed Posts