Message 1 of 7

Touch Screen stops working when launching Camera

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 690
Message 2 of 7

Re: Touch Screen stops working when launching Camera

Hi Flint,

If you are unable to post body text,Please click this link and post about your experience on the thread provided. Thanks!

To post here: Some users find it helpful to add an attachment to the answer. It will post the message but with the message body empty.

Once the blank message with attachment is posted, you can edit the message, add the message body and then if you wish, delete the attachment.

Hope that helps.

Regarding your question, does the same happen when you take out the SD card? When did you last reset your phone to factory settings?

Cheers,

Nicole

Flint
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Hi Nicole, 

Thank you for your helpful response. 

Almost every single time I launch the camera the touch screen stops responding. I can press the power button to lock the phone , but cant then swipe to unlock. all I can do is hold the powerbutton then press spacebar to select "power off" and then press enter to confirm. I reboot and the touch screens fine again. Ive tried leaving the phone to load up and idle for a while, Ive tried going into task manager and ending any other apps running, I tried doing a factory data reset in the 'privacy' menu as soon as I notice the issue, Ive tried wiping and formatting my 2gb SD card and even removing it all together (which stops me from taking pictures) - After formatting the card it does seem to take one or two pictures before having issues again 

Alot of the time if i can go into camera I can touch-click all the other options such as camera settings or click to open the gallery but as soon as I tap the 'take photo' icon, thats it... the touch screen stops responding. On very very rare occasions the camera will actually take the photo, instantly without hesitation and then let me view it immediately after. 5MPs, fantastic definition. 

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 7

Hi Flint,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Does the SD card work fine otherwise? Maybe you could try and test another one?

If that doesn't help then I am afraid that your phone has a defective camera and it would need to go for a repair.

Our technical support will be happy to provide you with options for a repair: http://bit.ly/RQIScc

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

AbaQ
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Hi. I've had exacly the same problem for months. Phone freezes/shuts down when I try to use the camera. The only solution is to power off and turn it back on again.

Problem has now extended to the touch screen stopping and the phone freezing when I try and access the internet too. I'm actually getting fed up with this phone. Less than a year old and falling to bits...

What is the process for sending it for repair Nicole and how long does it take? I don't have another phone to use in the meantime.

Thanks

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 6 of 7

Hi AbaQ,

In order to get your phone repaired  just call the support, get a reference number and the repair email and then send the phone off to the repair centre. The turn around time for repairs changes from time to time, so for up to date information it would be best to ask the technical support: http://bit.ly/RQIScc

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

Highlighted
AbaQ
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the advice Nicole. Think I'll do that.