Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

157 Posts

01-31-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 38

Re: ICS Upgrade.

2012-07-10, 13:01 PM

Finally i received ICS (India) massive update of 284 MB

few things i observed, it is loaded with features and motorola has done an excellent job. Congratulations to the Moto developers first.

i had earlier upgraded sony live with walkman and also galaxy s2 to ics. I would rate moto's ics as the best, simply because they have really put thier effort to provide a genuine update, for example sony live with walkman though is ics, contains the old kernel only i.e 2.6 whereas moto has upgraded to 3 series.

after playing with moto ics, we could see the effort that had gone in each feature, and they have included loads of features. 

some noticeable experiences, ui has become smooth, browser speed has increased, file copying is faster, scrolling through the homescreen experience is smooth and is fast, I have no words to describe Music quality. It has gone from excellent previously to more than that now in ics.

PLEASE NOTE THIS. Once you update to ics, everything slows down, ui, opening apps everything slows down and device gets hot. but after an hour or so, it becomes ok, still it was not on par with the performance of 2.3.6 gb.

SO YOU JUST Need to do a factory reset, and then everything becomes normal. No issues.

GREAT JOB MOTO FINALLY. As i always was telling in this forum, the quality of moto phones is so so good that other phones like sony xperia, galaxy and apple find it hard to match. This is from my experience of usong all these phones. the purists know this,

however these phones outsell moto because of various reasons, apple because it is a eye candy and they know how to market and create buzz,  galaxy because of the comprehensive features they provide etc but nothing matches the quality.

Oh moto, please improve your marketing and improve your speed and turnaround times and you are sure to rule the smartphone market.

Options

89 Posts

04-18-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 38

2012-07-10, 13:14 PM

glad you have your update.

Really jealous now, only another 2 weeks to wait going by how slow it is going. Day by day country by country.

I did notice somewhere someone saying a build date of 13th June was on the file spec. Not too bad then nearly a month later to get the update.

I suppose this also means that we should expect Jelly Bean sometime in 2014.

Options

23 Posts

07-09-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 38

2012-07-10, 13:17 PM

sperm2008 said:

Finally i received ICS (India) massive update of 284 MB

few things i observed, it is loaded with features and motorola has done an excellent job. Congratulations to the Moto developers first.

i had earlier upgraded sony live with walkman and also galaxy s2 to ics. I would rate moto's ics as the best, simply because they have really put thier effort to provide a genuine update, for example sony live with walkman though is ics, contains the old kernel only i.e 2.6 whereas moto has upgraded to 3 series.

after playing with moto ics, we could see the effort that had gone in each feature, and they have included loads of features. 

some noticeable experiences, ui has become smooth, browser speed has increased, file copying is faster, scrolling through the homescreen experience is smooth and is fast, I have no words to describe Music quality. It has gone from excellent previously to more than that now in ics.

PLEASE NOTE THIS. Once you update to ics, everything slows down, ui, opening apps everything slows down and device gets hot. but after an hour or so, it becomes ok, still it was not on par with the performance of 2.3.6 gb.

SO YOU JUST Need to do a factory reset, and then everything becomes normal. No issues.

GREAT JOB MOTO FINALLY. As i always was telling in this forum, the quality of moto phones is so so good that other phones like sony xperia, galaxy and apple find it hard to match. This is from my experience of usong all these phones. the purists know this,

however these phones outsell moto because of various reasons, apple because it is a eye candy and they know how to market and create buzz,  galaxy because of the comprehensive features they provide etc but nothing matches the quality.

Oh moto, please improve your marketing and improve your speed and turnaround times and you are sure to rule the smartphone market.

True. The phone has a increased battery life.. Its keeping a 90% charge for a whomping 5hrs eventhough i have been playin around withit. Thats truly awesome. ICS damn cool, the UI is so smooth.. which kinda lags in Sony as i have seen till now. I bet sure this was worth the wait. Kudos Motorola for a awesome job.

Arite now its time for JB.Tongue out

Options

23 Posts

07-09-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 38

2012-07-10, 13:25 PM

UKsteve said:

glad you have your update.

Really jealous now, only another 2 weeks to wait going by how slow it is going. Day by day country by country.

I did notice somewhere someone saying a build date of 13th June was on the file spec. Not too bad then nearly a month later to get the update.

I suppose this also means that we should expect Jelly Bean sometime in 2014.

Steve, the update is actually worth the wait I can assure you that. Even I was thinking the same when it was released only in a few Asian countries and have been frustrated and impatient. But the update has been truly exceptional in all the ways.

Options

157 Posts

01-31-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 38

2012-07-10, 14:26 PM
@steve, true as sriram says, it is worth the wait. Everywhere it is loaded with features, yet so fast and smooth. Moto moves miles ahead of ics prpvided by sony and samsung. Really moto has dpne a neat job. Having used both sony live with walkman and galaxy s2, i can say i felt razr stands apart in providing exceptional user experience, and coupled with moto's hardware, this phone surely rocks. Music quality and wireless radio is exceptional. Overall this has become a beast. Now from my experience, ot is going to take 10.working days for u to ics. Anyway, moto needs to do lot of work on thier marketing, strategy inorder to win market, techinocally superIor product alone does not work out.
Yes this build date is july 13
I dont think moto will provide jelly bean for this phone. But iam ready to give this phone to my friend and buy a jelly bean moto phone .
REQUEST TO MOTO
Please dont take off fm from your future phones. In india we still listen to fm.
And MOTO development manager and all engineers, you have done a great job and you deserve a fabulous outing
Options

62 Posts

11-21-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 38

2012-07-10, 15:05 PM

aweseme, my phone says downloading update in the System Updates Menu and on the Moto Cast PC App but there is no Download progress bar showing in the notification area.

When in the morning I got the notification, I set it to download only on WiFi, got home and connected to WiFi but it kept on saying waiting for WiFi to start download. Restarted the device and update started but was stuck on 2% fro an hour. Frustrated, I rebooted into the BP Tools mode accidentaly where the update icon in the notification area was no longer visible. Again a series of reboots, but the icon just won't show. Also tried to do a /cache format but there is no Updating Icon in the notifications area. It says in the System Update menu that Update is being downloaded and you will be notified once ready for install. God knows if anything is really going on or this is screwed. Any help appreciated.

Options

157 Posts

01-31-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 38

2012-07-10, 15:20 PM
Try the following.
Do a factory reset. Setup you account i.e gmail normally.
Go to system about phone and check for updates.

You will get a big box displayed with the ics update. Proceed with it. For few minutes nothing will appear. Dont panic . I got the download bar after 5 minutes.
Make sure you have battery . Better have it connected to power supply. Just coolly follow whatever it says after download.
Options

157 Posts

01-31-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 38

2012-07-10, 15:23 PM
@aeromach, if it says it is dowloading something, just keep queit, it will show download bar shortly. It takes time
Options

23 Posts

07-09-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 38

2012-07-10, 15:29 PM

aeromach said:

aweseme, my phone says downloading update in the System Updates Menu and on the Moto Cast PC App but there is no Download progress bar showing in the notification area.

When in the morning I got the notification, I set it to download only on WiFi, got home and connected to WiFi but it kept on saying waiting for WiFi to start download. Restarted the device and update started but was stuck on 2% fro an hour. Frustrated, I rebooted into the BP Tools mode accidentaly where the update icon in the notification area was no longer visible. Again a series of reboots, but the icon just won't show. Also tried to do a /cache format but there is no Updating Icon in the notifications area. It says in the System Update menu that Update is being downloaded and you will be notified once ready for install. God knows if anything is really going on or this is screwed. Any help appreciated.

Even I had the same issue when i started the download today morning it didnt show a notification anywhere and got the same message as you did s in the System Update menu that Update is being downloaded and you will be notified once ready for install, then i accidently switched off the wifi on the phone which made it stop. It took 10-15 mins for it to resume the download after turning the wifi on.

Options

89 Posts

04-18-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 38

2012-07-10, 16:36 PM

sperm2008 said:

@steve, true as sriram says, it is worth the wait. Everywhere it is loaded with features, yet so fast and smooth. Moto moves miles ahead of ics prpvided by sony and samsung. Really moto has dpne a neat job. Having used both sony live with walkman and galaxy s2, i can say i felt razr stands apart in providing exceptional user experience, and coupled with moto's hardware, this phone surely rocks. Music quality and wireless radio is exceptional. Overall this has become a beast. Now from my experience, ot is going to take 10.working days for u to ics. Anyway, moto needs to do lot of work on thier marketing, strategy inorder to win market, techinocally superIor product alone does not work out. Yes this build date is july 13 I dont think moto will provide jelly bean for this phone. But iam ready to give this phone to my friend and buy a jelly bean moto phone . REQUEST TO MOTO Please dont take off fm from your future phones. In india we still listen to fm. And MOTO development manager and all engineers, you have done a great job and you deserve a fabulous outing

So if Moto don't go JB that would be crap not to support phones up to 18 months old (Did I read somewhere saying that all phones would be upgraded up until 18 months old)

i await the beast.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)