Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-08-2012

Germany

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

MOTOROLA RAZR: no sound - speakers

2012-08-08, 21:13 PM

Helly everyone!

I´ve been using my beloved XT910 for 3 months now without any problems so far, but some days ago I was wondering why i missed some calls until I recognized the sound of my speakers is not working properly - actually there is no sound at all.

Currenty I´m using the follwing "settings":

system:                651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU
android version:     2.3.6

I already checked setting -> sounds and everything is adjusted correctly. There´s nothing muted. I also tried different variations of ringtones and so on... Sadly I don´t get any sound, neither the alarm clock nor videos etc. Pure silence.
I tried to listen to some music with my headphones and suprisingly everything works properly with them - I can listen to music, can hear my ringtone and so on... I checked my cellphone (lint,...) but there is nothing remarkable, actually I was pretty carefully while using it the last 3 monthsWink

After this I put my XT910 back to the factoy setting and tried to set everything up again but nothing changed - still no sound on the speakers. I´m pretty desperate right now...

My english is not the best to be honest - if you need a more precise desciption of my problem or more information (e.g. setting, status,...) just let me know. I´m looking forward fore some helpful solutions - thank you!

Greetings,

MatzeR89

Options

25 Posts

08-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: MOTOROLA RAZR: no sound - speakers

2012-08-10, 15:26 PM

I noticed this problem a while back on my Galaxy Nexus with ICS.  I put Jelly Bean on and the same problem occurs.

I created my own app to alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is put in.

The app is on the Google Play market if you want to try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix 

Let me know if it works!  

Options

36 Posts

08-21-2012

Czech Republic

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-08-30, 7:11 AM

It could be HW problem also. In this case, just try to make some light pressure on place where speaker is. If it start to play some sound, it would be problem with metal contacts there. There is just metals strips which make contact to motherboard. I seen it already because I had have disassembled my phone because of replaciing battery.

Best choice in this case would be visiting of authorized servcie center/seller to make apply your waranty and make them repair/replace device.

Check out this threads for more information:

No sound from Ext. Speaker

razr maxx rear speaker cuts out

Options

43 Posts

07-04-2012

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-08-30, 16:46 PM

Whatever it is my suggestion is you take it back to the provider for a warranty change.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms