Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-09-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

RAZR - How many of you bought it for ICS?

2012-08-09, 15:48 PM

Just got off the phone with a very pleasant but totally useless "tech support". He tried telling me that the majority of people who bought the Razr back at the beginning of this year, were not buying it because of the promised ICS update.

I really don't think that's the case. I certainly bought it for ICS and was glad Google had taken over as it seemed more likely to happen.

Please post up here with your reasons for buying the RAZR. I am expecting that the majority of us will reply, "for ICS", but Moto seem to be trying to kid themselves that we bought it for the sparkling experience that is 2.3.5....

In the meantime, Moto's Live Chat representatives have taken to simply copying and pasting the company mantra of, "We appreciate that this delay is frustrating but want to assure you we're working hard to bring the best ICS experience to you as quickly as we can", in the vain hope that we won't notice.

LET ME TELL YOU MOTOROLA, WE DO NOTICE, WE ARE VERY ANGRY ABOUT THIS, AND WE WILL NOT LET THIS GO.

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re: RAZR - How many of you bought it for ICS?

2012-08-09, 16:20 PM

I bought it for ICS, having seen that American devices were being upgraded to ICS and mistakenly thinking that this meant that the UK would shortly receive a similar update. The current version of the OS is rather unsatisfactory; for one thing it doesn't authenticate correctly to the enterprise wifi used at work (a 2.3 bug). Some applications (including a couple I wrote) also fail to display properly for reasons I'm not able to determine. 

Until I got an XT910 I'd only had Android devices with unlockable bootloaders upon which I have installed Cyanogenmod or similar, and was reluctant to change. But, the XT910's hardware was the closest fit to my requirements, the price was reasonable, and from what I could see the Motorola version of ICS was fairly close to stock. I therefore reasoned that I might therefore find it satisfactory even without installing a custom ROM, assuming that the ICS upgrade quickly followed my purchase. I did try a Galaxy Nexus but had to return it due to a hardware fault; I was not satisfied with the build quality anyway. 

In future I will not buy another device with a locked bootloader.

Options

43 Posts

07-04-2012

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-08-09, 16:25 PM

I did it for the ISC as well as for the hardware, but the hardware is not used 100% with out ISC.

Options

6 Posts

06-01-2012

Israel

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-08-11, 22:54 PM
I selected razr for my company because of the promise of ics by the end of march. We bought 70 of those, on the promise of the sales rep, and the fact moto update site had confirmed it.
What a mistake.
The phones are full of bugs, and an update is nowhere to be seen, after everyone else got it released long ago.
This will be our last try with moto.
Options

15 Posts

06-30-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-08-12, 8:57 AM

when i bought my razr dec 2011 there was a notice with it saying ICS compatible and the guy in the shop kept banging on about it. i knew when i went into the shop that i wanted the razr without all the sales pitch about ICS but he went on about it for 5 mins. i asked him why the big sales pitch and he said that it had come down from above to be pushing it for ICS and that was dec 2001.8 months later its hopefully going to be finally here this month.  so basically its taken nearly have the phones life (most phones are seen to have a life of 2 years before they are upgraded)..

dont get me wrong i have loved the phone its been great especially on my unlimited internet contract streaming my music while driving and especially now i have the original motorola razr dock. there have been a couple of bugs but they have not really bothered me that much and i forget what they were now as i found work arounds for them anyway :D

Options

1 Posts

08-12-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-08-12, 19:30 PM

for ICS...obviouslyyyyyy

Options

3 Posts

06-30-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2012-08-15, 7:24 AM

I was going to hold out a few months for the S3 but when I was informed the RAZR was scheduled for an imminent update I decided to go with the moto. Turns out my brand new phone soon became out of date. . . . and continued to remain out-of-date for the next 6 months to the present day with moto moving the goal posts. The whole situation reminds me of Bill and Ted playing Death. "Best 2 out of 3..... Best 3 out of 5......" "Best of 7?" "DAMN RIGHT".

Then in the news it turns out Moto have been making a loss, no wonder, people don't trust the brand anymore, I even sent an email expressing my concern over the situation and pretty much received a scripted "We dont care" response. In this economic climate its sad to hear about grand scale job losses, but in reflection of the company ethos and informing its vested interests...... I welcomed the news there will be a shake up as Moto really need to re-evaluate their after sales. 

Thats all beside the point, In answer...... yes, yes I did buy it because I beleived it would be an up-to-date (critical in the modern day) peice of machinery. 

Options

26 Posts

07-18-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2012-08-15, 11:37 AM

Yep, I wanted ICS too.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms