Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

06-25-2010

India

119 Signins

1130 Page Views

• Views: 1130
  • Message 1 of 3

RAZR MAXX: issues after ICS & optional updates

2012-08-06, 18:38 PM
I updated to ICS sometime in mid July. A week ago, I started using a rubberized plastic case for added protection.
Now couple of issues.

1. Two days ago, the phone started overheating with massive battery drainage. Initially I thought it to be because of plastic case. But I also realized Android OS was using 60+ battery. A phone restart made things normal.
Q: do I need to do repeat after every 150+ hrs of usage.?

2. There was some issue with SMSs too. Found out here there might be firmware problem. Go another pop-up for an optional update to 673.94.328.XT910.AsiaRetail.in.03 which I did.
Q: does this solve the issue related to non receipt of SMS?

3: the ICS update rolled out doesn't wipe the memory cache by its own. Had to do it manually after previous update. Which was successful. After the latest update, I'm unable to go beyond the "recovery" icon (traingle with exclamation mark). No matter how long I press the power + vol-up key, it doesn't take me to next step.
Q: is there another method to wipe cache, or something wrong with the latest update?
Options

36 Posts

08-21-2012

Czech Republic

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: RAZR MAXX: issues after ICS & optional updates

2012-08-30, 7:25 AM

There is many threads about battery drain in ICS in U.S. part of forum. Check out it. There are many ideas to resolve those. Mostly looks that total hard reset (unfortunately lost of data) by key combo (not in menu) will resolve heating of phone and keeping phone for some time adjust their configuration of battery and so on will help in battery drain.

Problems with RAZR Maxx after ICS upgrade
unacceptable battery drain after ICS

Options

43 Posts

07-04-2012

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: RAZR MAXX: issues after ICS & optional updates

2012-08-30, 16:52 PM

It is a allways a good idea to turn off your phone once every day. It will help whit battery draining, overheating, and memory.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms