Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-19-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

how do i fix a damaged SD card?

2013-03-19, 18:52 PM

i have just updated my phone with the jelly bean update and now it says the SD card is damaged! how do i reformat it and will i lose everything that is stored on it?

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: how do i fix a damaged SD card?

2013-03-19, 19:39 PM

You can try removing and re-inserting the SD card if you haven't already Make sure you power down the phone first, or unmount the card prior to removing (settings, storage, unmount SD Card). You can also hook up your phone to your computer to see if you can access the files on the SD card that way. If you can, copy them to your computer, format the sd card, then copying them back. If that doesn't work, but you were able to pull via computer, you may need to just replace the card.

Can't imagine how updating would have affected the SD Card. Was this an official update?

To answer your question, if you reformat the card, then all of the data on it will be lost. If what I suggested doesn't work, give it a coouple of days for others to respond unless you have the pictures backed up somewhere. If you do, then format the card (settings, Storage, Erase SD Card).

Options

8 Posts

03-19-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-03-19, 20:51 PM

thanks for the answer! it was definately an official update dont know why this has happened took the SD card and put it back in still says its damaged.

tried it in the computer and cant access the SD card will probably just have to format the card.

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-03-19, 21:22 PM

You may want to give it a day to see if anyone else has any additional suggestions.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms