08-12-2017

US

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 3

Unexplained rebooting/freezing with SIM in Razr2 V9x, firmware help

2017-08-12, 19:13 PM

I recently picked up a used Razr2 v9x, and unlocked it with the code directly from AT&T to use with T-Mobile. However, the behavior of the phone with the SIM card in is increddibly sporadic, power cycling for hours and seemingly randomly powering on and working for a few minutes before either freezing or entering it's power cycle again. Unless there is some inherent problem about using a different carrier with a phone designed exclusivley for AT&T (I doubt this, as the carrier name and reception are shown correctly), I belive that I am dealing with a firmware issue, and if not, I need to rule out software corruption. However, I have no idea on how to go about this. Not only can I not find a live link to the correct firmware, I do not know how to enter fastboot, especially with a totally unresponsive phone. I have RSD-Lite through a shell for mac, and my phone info is this:

FLEX: USEMERALDORATTUSR263312104A

S/W: R2633121ER_U_9E.03.3AR

Thanks!

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unexplained rebooting/freezing with SIM in Razr2 V9x, firmware help

2017-08-12, 19:43 PM

wrote:

I recently picked up a used Razr2 v9x, and unlocked it with the code directly from AT&T to use with T-Mobile. However, the behavior of the phone with the SIM card in is increddibly sporadic, power cycling for hours and seemingly randomly powering on and working for a few minutes before either freezing or entering it's power cycle again. Unless there is some inherent problem about using a different carrier with a phone designed exclusivley for AT&T (I doubt this, as the carrier name and reception are shown correctly), I belive that I am dealing with a firmware issue, and if not, I need to rule out software corruption. However, I have no idea on how to go about this. Not only can I not find a live link to the correct firmware, I do not know how to enter fastboot, especially with a totally unresponsive phone. I have RSD-Lite through a shell for mac, and my phone info is this:

FLEX: USEMERALDORATTUSR263312104A

S/W: R2633121ER_U_9E.03.3AR

Thanks!

We can't help with flashing or discussion of RSD-Lite on this forum as you are using software without permission (pirated). 

This is not an android phone - there is no fastboot. 

This is maybe 10yr old phone (based on release date) - and being used, it could have been dropped or got wet - I find that more likely then software corruption.

I believe there is an option to reset in the menus - but at 10 years old, the internal ROM could have physical degration too. 

If you want to flash software, you will have to ask somewhere else. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

08-12-2017

US

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unexplained rebooting/freezing with SIM in Razr2 V9x, firmware help

2017-08-12, 19:48 PM
Well thanks anyway : (
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete