Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ V
All Forum Topics
Options

48 Posts

05-03-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Caution, sending your phone in for service

2013-07-25, 20:51 PM
I recently sent my phone in for service to FutureTel in Ontario. One issue that i had was the lack of communication with the service ppl. They didn't tell me what date the phone was fixed, or what date the phone was shipped back to me. It turns out that my phone had been sitting at the courier depot for weeks! Nobody told me that it was fixed, and nobody told me that it was ready for pick up. They used a different courier than i had originally used, so i just thought it was taking a long time to repair it. Also, even though my phone simply needed a new glass put in it, they decided to wipe the memory of the phone anyway. Always back up your data before sending the phone away, for any reason! Thank goodness that Google cloud storage saved my contact info and restored that much to my phone!
Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Caution, sending your phone in for service

2013-08-12, 13:08 PM

Hey captain_kirk_9,

I just spotted your post.

The repair centre deletes all data by standard and they have an agreement with a courier service that delivers your phone.

I am sorry to hear that it did not work well for you. Usually, the Motorola support hotline agents would send you an email to draw your attention to the details, or the place of purchase would handle this for you all along. Luckily you got your contacts back.

Let me know if you would like to know more about backing up  your data.

Cheers,

Nciole

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms