Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ V
All Forum Topics
Options

48 Posts

05-03-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

RazrV Magic Buttons

2013-05-08, 5:08 AM
The 4 main buttons on my RAZR v home screen will sometimes perform a magic trick. Any one of the 4 will disappear and relocate themselves on a different page of my home screens. It can be any one of them, and there is no warning of when it will happen. This small issue, along with poor reception, along with sporadic performance lags, along with the odd full out phone freeze up where i have to wait for the battery to die, along with the issue of my keyboard randomly inserting words back to the top of the paragraph, or even deleting the paragraph altogether, have got me second guessing my long time preference of Motorola phones, and even considering a Samsung as my next phone :P

This is the second time that i had to type this, because the first paragraph was deleted somehow.
Answer
Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600

Re: RazrV Magic Buttons

2013-05-09, 13:17 PM

Hey captain_kirk_9,

I don't know about the icons diappearing. I would say that this could be resolved by resetting the phone to factory settings, but given the time and effort that this can take to back up all your data I would only do this as a last resort. A factory reset can help with performance lags and phone freezing as well.

For the dropped calls, performance lags, phone freezing and network issues: I would really look at the SIM card here. I would not be surprised if you confirmed that you had trouble with a failing internet connection as well. Does the phone work smoother when you have no SIM card inserted? If yes, then the SIM might be the culprit here.

Randomly inserting letters in the browser could be caused by performance lags. Performance lags can be caused by a problematic SIM card.

I could be far off, but if I was you I first would test if the SIM card is the issue, after that  I wold consider resetting the phone the factory settings.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicole

Replies(3)
Options

48 Posts

05-03-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2013-05-08, 5:16 AM
One more thing, what is up with "emergency calls only" mode?? If there its enough reception to dial 911, then why can't i dial any other phone number? It won't even let me try. What a frustrating feature to have on a phone. Also, when reception is lost during a call, or a call attempt, there is no notification that the signal was lost. The phone will continue to say that there are 3 bars of service, yet it will make a "click" and return to the lock screen.

This is exactly the reason that i swore id never buy another Samsung phone, but the other day, an SIII was able to make a clear call while my RAZR v failed miserably 5 times.
Answer
Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-05-09, 13:17 PM

Hey captain_kirk_9,

I don't know about the icons diappearing. I would say that this could be resolved by resetting the phone to factory settings, but given the time and effort that this can take to back up all your data I would only do this as a last resort. A factory reset can help with performance lags and phone freezing as well.

For the dropped calls, performance lags, phone freezing and network issues: I would really look at the SIM card here. I would not be surprised if you confirmed that you had trouble with a failing internet connection as well. Does the phone work smoother when you have no SIM card inserted? If yes, then the SIM might be the culprit here.

Randomly inserting letters in the browser could be caused by performance lags. Performance lags can be caused by a problematic SIM card.

I could be far off, but if I was you I first would test if the SIM card is the issue, after that  I wold consider resetting the phone the factory settings.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicole

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

48 Posts

05-03-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-05-17, 5:18 AM
I have noticed that the randomly inserted text and disappearing lines is only an issue on this website.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms