Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enriquesmw
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 1 of 7

How to installs apps in the SD Memory

Hi, this is a very fine device, it's have some issues, but any way the most anoying is that we have a SD memory of 8GB (or maybe 32Gb if you buy it), but you can install any program there... is there any work around to do this without rooting the device?

Deleted part of the comment according to the house rules - Nicole

Regards, and thx.

I hope that the developers thinks in us (the customers) and enabled this feature in some next android version Smiley Happy

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to installs apps in the SD Memory

Hey,
I appreciate how much time and effort you put into this post, but the house rules don't allow posting tutorials aboit rooting or flashing in here - sorry.

We had this discussion many times and if somebody really wants to root the phone or flash it then there is plenty of opportunities outside of this forum. Just, we as manufacturer cannot support that - in the end Motorola is the one repairing these devices again.

I'll go into more depth for you on Monday regarding this topic if you wish. Hope you understand.
Cheers,
Nicole
enriquesmw
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Well Thx Nicole, but what's the point of having an 32GB SD Card if you don't allow to install apps in that?, maybe from a comercial point is better because you make us to buy some new hardware, but from the customer experience it's not a nice one Smiley Sad

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 4 of 7

This holds true with nearly every new phone out there...not just Motorola phones. However, it would appear that the option to do that may be returning to some of the new phones coming out. Whether Moto is one of them is unknown at this time, but it is not just a Moto thing.

However, another trend starting to surface is no SD Card slot at all. Would appear everything (and everybody) is pushing towards a "cloud based" solution. I for one will keep my good ole reliable Razr Maxx until they start giving us back those options.

robnescor
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 7

Hello everybody, after 20 days of use of my D3 (xt919) I can only put music and photos in the SD card.

I have read some articles about to move apps to SD (link2sd, etc) necessary root, but I haven't success.

enriquesmw
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Try framaroot, it's works Smiley Happy

robnescor
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 7

Yes, is rooted