Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 416
Message 1 of 10

Welcome to the MOTOROLA D1 and D3 Community

Post your questions, tips and comments in this community. You can learn more about it and buy it here: 

D1 & D3

Also, please check out this post about the Motorola Feedback Network!

Welcome!

crisangiro1
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 10

Re: Welcome to the MOTOROLA D1 and D3 Community

Hi, i buy this phone, but i have a problem, it displayed a message with volume limit, and then the music has lower volume in the phone, and i have at max volume the multimedia level.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 3 of 10

Hi crisangiro,

Do I understand correctly that you would like to set the volume for multimedia files as high as the volume for messages?

Cheers,

Nicole

crisangiro1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 10

No, the problem is the volume with the handset, that it's low, in the phone, i plug it to my notebook, and its sounds with more volume.

I apologice for my English.

cmgonzalez
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10

Well, first of all, i can't start a new thread or ask a question, i allways get a 403 error Smiley Sad

Nice product i really like very much but i want just to ask for a couple of things (Software side):

1.- SD Card is mapped to the internal memory allways, the symbolic link /sdcard point to sdcard -> /storage/sdcard0 (The internal one), that sucks because all the bigs games need more space to install it's files, also move to SD card is disabled, don't know why.

2.- Eadset button don't do nothing, i try installing a couple of headset mapping programs but they can't recognize the headeset button, so no action is displayed.

3.- USB HOST is disabled, can't use an usb pendrive, mouse, keyboard or gamepad... correct my if i wrong but i try it with my adapter and mouse and nothing happends.

That's all my issues on a week of use, beside that is a GREAT product i love it, nice battery life, fast all what i need, so i hope in the promised next android version all these and other issues that other people finds, will be resolved.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 6 of 10

Hey,

sorry for answering so late.

cmgonzalez, do you still get that 403 error? What does it say? Does it happen with different browsers as well?

Have a look here, it explains why your D1/ D3 does not use the SD card for apps but only for media files such as music and photos. USB host is disabled in phones, this as well works as designed. 

For the headset button I think I remember that it is when the headset does not support OTM. Is it the same with a different headset?

Cheers,

Nicole

cmgonzalez
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 10

I still don't undertand why move to SD card is disabled, the internal sdcard is also used by app data, and they eat all the free space. Rooting and remapping works like a charm. I think that is just an incorrect decition by the develop team.

I try 3 different headset and the button dont work in any of them (including the original headset)

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 8 of 10

Hey cmgonzalez,

App to SD is a feature which only works when UMS (USB mass storage) is included.

UMS comes with limitations though, most remarkable the unflexible memory allocation. I don't know exactly why all major smart phone manufacturers tend to not use UMS anymore but I can confirm that it is a trend, you can read about this here (it is a Google employee writing about that).

I can see that this is not ideal when you are using apps which are using 1GB of internal storage alone, but I think apps should not have to be that big and they should be able to outsource large files to the SD card or on the cloud while running on the internal phone storage themselves. This is just my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nciole

Keiji
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 10

Dear Motorola,

I bought a Motorola Razr D3 and the headset button doesn't work for nothing. It is useless.

Some Google research points that maybe the Motoblur feature that existed in Android v. 4.0 and removed in 4.1 is compromising it. Maybe the Motoblur remotion was not fully removed.

The headset button is very important feature to enable the use of "klimpsh control" app or "Headset Button Controller" app.

It is a high priority bug fix in the next version update.

Another problem the two IMEIs of this phone isn't working with the register step in forum sign up.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 10 of 10

Hey Keiji,

Sorry for the late answer. May I ask which headphones you are using?

Is this the button to answer calls that you are speaking about?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole