Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carbonman
What's DOS?
Views: 170
Message 1 of 5

Google Music Update Wiped My Tunes

This is disconcerting.  When I updated Google Music, it wiped all my music off the phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What do I do to prevent it from happening again - remove the SD card before updating applications?

Sincerely, 

Carbonman

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5

Re: Google Music Update Wiped My Tunes

Hey Carbonman,

Do you mean your music is gone entirely? Or is it still in Google Play Music?

The reason I ask is that Google Play Music doesn't let you share music - songs pinned to your device won't appear to other apps.

Now, it used to be that you could only import music via computer to the Google Play Music app, but since the latest update it looks like it imports directly from the phone. Which would lead to the fact that your music is gone for other apps. This, in my opinion, would be a bit of a pain in the neck. I need to test this though to be sure.

Hang in there!

Cheers,

Nicole

Carbonman
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

It wiped all my music.  I can't even see it when I plug the phone into my computer.  Fortunately, I have all of the music loaded to my PC so it's just a case of reloading to my phone.  

Sincerely, 

Carbonman 

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 5

Weird. If it happens again, let me know. Luckily your music was backed up but that should not happen.

Cheers,

Nicole

Gunee
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Hey Carbonman,

Just to be on the safe side, I'd recommend uploading your music files to Google Play online as well, that will make restore on your phone easier should this issue reoccur. And you get the benefits from Google Play in bonus (play online, on other devices, etc.)

Cheers,

Will