Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HyperSprite
What's DOS?
Views: 400
Message 21 of 46

Re: Issues with Motorola Razr HD wifi

I don't believe this is a router issue. My previous Sprint Epic/Samsung S phone and my current Xoom have no problems at all. Also, I got my Razr HD Maxx back in October and Wifi worked great until the system update to 4.1.1. After that, Wifi has turned itself off at completely random times. While at work, while at home, whenever. 

In the system settings, it shows it as on. If I turn it off and wait a long time (longer than a reboot), it may eventually turn off. And then turning it back on will make it work again. 

I am actually beginning to believe this is a scam between Motorola and Verizon to trick us into going over or our Data minutes. 

systemBuilder
Paper Tape
Message 22 of 46

In my case it was an antenna or analog component issue.  My new iPhone 5 is not perfect but it"s much more dependable

HyperSprite
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 46

Ok, I found a fix that seems to be working for me the last few days.

Unchecked WiFi/Advanced/Avoid poor connections

Cloggins
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 46

I, too, have the RAZR HD, have a d-link router, the church I go to has a linksys, and all those routers it disconnects randomly, and work is a different dlink, and again,same thing. 

FIX THE BUG. Don't say, "We think it's your router." Say, "We recognize there are more than 10 people complaining about the same issue, meaning you can mulitply the issue by at least 100 because most people don't talk."

Accept the issue. I love the phone, want it, and the other bugs resolved. The showed up after the newest update on my phone at least.

The other issue is my sound randomly says, "I'm going to turn up as I please." So I can be in bed listening to a video, music, pod cast, whatever, silently on next to near off and then BAM! Super loud at normal level in my ears. It's not the head phones, they don't have a volume control. Every possible setting that works with volume is turned off. Don't make excuses or blame external equipment. Address the device and it's issue.

Cloggins
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 46

null

I, too, have the RAZR HD, have a d-link router, the church I go to has a linksys, and all those routers it disconnects randomly, and work is a different dlink, and again,same thing. 

FIX THE BUG. Don't say, "We think it's your router." Say, "We recognize there are more than 10 people complaining about the same issue, meaning you can mulitply the issue by at least 100 because most people don't talk."

Accept the issue. I love the phone, want it, and the other bugs resolved. The showed up after the newest update on my phone at least.

The other issue is my sound randomly says, "I'm going to turn up as I please." So I can be in bed listening to a video, music, pod cast, whatever, silently on next to near off and then BAM! Super loud at normal level in my ears. It's not the head phones, they don't have a volume control. Every possible setting that works with volume is turned off. Don't make excuses or blame external equipment. Address the device and it's issue.

View original

I've done that, and it didn't do anything for more than 1 day.

systemBuilder
Paper Tape
Message 26 of 46

They apparently can't fix it because it's possibly a hardware problem, Not fixable in software.

sent from my iPhone 5, not my two returned RAZR. MAXX HDs.

Highlighted
nemomena
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 46

I'm from Mexico with Telcel, and I have the same issue, the wifi go off and back , can't make a good conection, I can´t see an HD video without wait to reconnect.... I was reading and seems Verizon has taken the problem and resolve it....why not motorola does an update for all us??

and yes...I've tried with different routers...

I feel sad because I love Motorola Phones, I used to use a Defy Plus, and Loved it.

Please, do something

Samsung does, Sony does, even LG does updates to improve its products.

BadRazrHD
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 46

Here is my current situation with a brand new Razr HD:

-Linksys WRT54GL with updated firmware

-New Razr HD purchased 5 days ago

-System Version: 9.16.6.X926

-Android Version 4.1.2

-Build Number 9.8.1Q-62_VQW_MR-2

My Mom got the same phone at the same time and has dropped calls, poor wifi signal and range, etc.

I have fully set up my phone with apps and all settings perfect, cleared the system cache, one factory reset and input all app usernames and passwords again, etc.

My phone is perfect, except for not connecting to wifi in a room downstairs from the router where all other devices, a Nook, 10-year old DELL laptop, and Droid Incredible get 4 full bars of wifi strength. This Razr does not connect at all and rarely if it does when I leave the door open gets one bar of strength and is useless.

I love the phone so much I am reluctant to swap it out and lose all my app settings and customization. I read that it isn't mattering if you swap it out, still the same problem. But it's bothering me and I want it right so I went to the Verizon store today to test it and swap it out for a new different one. They don't perform tests and didn't know what I was talking about. Very abrasive staff and manager tried to research the issue for a half an hour, then said they had a call in to Motorola. If I wanted to swap it out I could but that would be my one swap and that's it.

I have actually spent so much time and effort on this I wanted to get a MAXX HD for my wasted time and frustration. That is simply out of the question. I stood there with my phone connected to the Verizon wifi network in the store with one bar of wifi strength, while the display connected to the same network showed a full network signal all bars.

They were so abrasive, demanding that it doesn't matter how many wifi bars you get it will still connect to the Internet. I said no that's not true this device will not connect in my bedroom while all other old devices get full wifi strength. They didn't care.

They were so reluctant in the matter that I decided to walk out and watch for an update to Jelly Bean to solve the issue. People are taking their phones back and it doesn't fix this. It seems to be strictly a Jelly Bean update fix.

I will watch my phone, only use wifi in large areas that usually work fine, etc. My question is: When will there be a Jelly Bean update pushed out to Razr HD owners on Jelly Bean so they will have comparable wifi and signal strength to every other wifi enabled device that exists?

PS. I have tried every single router and phone tip/trick setting combo online that exists, it's all the same. This is an update problem.

HyperSprite
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 46

Update, I was having all kinds of problems on 4.1.1 with "WiFi/Advanced/Avoid poor connections" checked, since the update to 4.1.2, my Razr Maxx HD has been working as it should.

Maybe some of these have some weak solder joints, bad chips, or something, don't know but at this point, my device is the best smart phone I have ever had and the list is not short:

Keocera 6035 and 7135 (great but both slowly got less and less reliable over time).

Samsung i730 (pretty much abandon by Verizon and Microsoft after release and the updates it did get just made it less reliable).

Motorola q9m (this is a favorite, too bad it didn't have a real gps, but at the time, nobody else did either).

iPhone 3gs (don't know what I was thinking, wouldn't make it past lunch on the battery, bought myself out of the contract after a year).

Samsung Epic 4G (WiMax, really Sprint, never got 4G on it once and the battery never lasted past 1pm).

Sorry to hear about other still having issues.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 30 of 46

Hi BadRazrHD,

I am sorry to hear that.

I would say it would be best to call the hotline for this to be sure that it is not a hardware fault. I did a search in the system for your IMEI, but there is nothing logged so I cannot say what the store assistant and the help desk were talking about. It is always sad to see when a brandnew device causes frustration and if the shop is not willing or able to help then the support hotline should be able to.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicole