Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anth79
What's DOS?
Views: 1,602
Message 1 of 46

Issues with Motorola Razr HD wifi

Hi, hoping someone can help. I have a new RAZR HD (XT925) and the issue is that the phone keeps dropping the wifi connection. The only way to connect to wifi again is to turn the phone off and back on. I rang the support section and they advised that they never heard of this issue before however it seems to be posted all over google. This issue happens at home and at work. When it first started doing it i was able to turn the wifi off and back on again to fix. i have tried all of the wifi settings but problem will not stop. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 46

Re: Issues with Motorola Razr HD wifi

Could you try setting the WiFi timeout to "always on"?

Go to settings > Wi-Fi > Menu - Advanced > Set "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "always"

Anth79
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 46

TRose said:

Could you try setting the WiFi timeout to "always on"?

Go to settings > Wi-Fi > Menu - Advanced > Set "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "always"

View original

Hi, yes i have tried this and when i go in to wifi to select the wifi network it keeps appearing and disapearing. The only way i can cet my wifi to work is if i turn the phone off and on again however whenever i leave the network and come back to it it wont connect again. I am having the same issue at my work wifi.

Gelvis
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 46

Hi,

What security type are you using on the Wifi networks? WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2?

Generally while WPA2 is the most modern and secure, it also isn't as compatible with as many products.

I find that WPA-PSK is a good balance of security and compatibility.

It may or may not help, but worth checking any way.

Good luck

flep1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 46

I'm also having issues with wi-fi. The phone cannot hold the wi-fi signal if i'm 2 rooms away from the router.

All my other devices hold it just fine (laptop, iphone 3GS, galaxy S3), but my Razr HD just keep dropping in and out of the wifi.

Have tried to change many settings on my router w/o success.

There is a huge post about it on the Verizzon forums (https://forums.motorola.com/posts/354cb2bf54) where some Moderators told people that they are talking with Morotolla developers about it. My fear is the solution will only be available to Verizzon customers first, while it seems that this bug is accross all Razr HD devices, no matter what carrier.

Please when you guys find a fix for it do it for everyone in the world. I bough my phone yesterday and not being able to use my wi-fi at home when i'm at my couch is really bad. Already thinking about return it and get a S3 (had one w/o wifi problems here, it was stolen).

Can a modarator confirm that Moto is working on a fix for the wi-fi drop in/out problem? It seems that it always happen when the signal isn't very strong.

More info:

• The exact model of the router being used: Dlink DIR 855

• The firmware version on the router: 1.23NA

• The security setting: Tried WPA / WPA2, no effect

• If SSID is broadcast or not: tried both, no effect

Also tried using 802.11n/b/g only, mixed, etc etc etc, no effect.

This is not related to the routers. The wifi on the Rarz isn't cappable of hold the connection if the signal is a bit low (usually when you are like in another room with 2 or 3 walls between  you and the router), while other devices (laptop, other cellphons) do it fine.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 6 of 46

@Anth79,

You have done an extensive amount of troubleshooting as I can see from the post. Did you try to reset both the router and the phone? It would be neccesary to back up settings and data first.

If this does not help then I can only recommend to send it for a repair. Contact your local service centre to arrange that.

http://bit.ly/RcXzoU

@flep,

Please try the troubleshooting done by Anth79 if you did not try all of it yet. This would be:

• The security setting: Tried WPA / WPA2, no effect

• If SSID is broadcast or not: tried both, no effect

• using 802.11b/g only

• reset both the router and the phone

If that does not help then I would recommend to contact the local support hotline as well to arrange a repair.

http://bit.ly/SKodXT

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

systemBuilder
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 46

My Motorola RAZR Maxx HD, arrived today, it was a late xmas present ... :-(

The model of our router is : LinkSys WRT54G2 b/g

The firmware version is : 1.0.01 build 003, Mar. 26, 2008

The SSD is broadcast by the router

The security setting is WEP (128 bits)

Seven other devices in my house can connect from anywhere in our home - Wii, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Thinkpad T42 (3 instances), Thinkapd T420, and an Ideapad Y580.

I have decided to return the phone tonight, when it wouldn't play Netflix videos in my living room.  My signal strength in the living room is 1 or 2 Mbps.  My T420 gets 36 Mbps in exactly the same spot.  It plays Netflix just fine.  The RAZR Maxx HD was having trouble just downloading the browser icons for Netflix.

I decided to find out how far away I have to be from the router to get 54 Mbps.  With my Thinkpad T420 I can get 54 Mbps about 25 feet from the router, one room away.  But with the RAZR Maxx HD ??  I have to be NINE INCHES away from the router.  Even more troubling is that I can see ~9 AP's from just about any of my thinkpad laptops (including the prehistoric T42's), but only ~3 APs are visible from my wonderphone, and the list keeps changing ...

Is this abnormal?

aucronik
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 46

Have had my Motorola Razr HD for a few months and it’s an Awesome phone... However....

I also have an issue with the Wifi, The phone all of a sudden stopped working on my home wifi network, previously it had worked fine no issues at all.. The phone is connected to the Wifi router but the symbol does not light up BLUE..

When I am at work and connected to the router at work the wifi works and the symbol up the top is light up BLUE.

It’s very strange, I have tried everything to fix the issue but have not been able to find a fix.

My router is a Dynalink RTA1025W running WPA2/PSK, Data encryption is AES. I have tried playing around with the setting and rebooted the router a number of times but no luck.. We have an Ipad, Laptop and also a Samsung Galaxy S2 that connects fine with no issues so the wifi works it’s just the motorola razr hd that now doesn’t connect.

I have also tried for giggles setting the wifi hotspot on the samsung galaxy S2 to see if it would connect and work but same deal, it connects but the wifi symbol up the top stays grey and doesn’t light up blue.

It’s very strange, I have tried everything to fix the issue but have not been able to find a fix.

HELP PLEASE !!!!

aucronik
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 46

Just fixed the issue..

I changed the Wifi Data Encryption from AES to TKIP+AES and it now works.

I AM AWESOME Smiley Happy

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 10 of 46

Hi aucronik,

Happy to hear that you were successful in finding the solution.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

@ systemBuilder, this is not normal. Does the phone have trouble with a different router, too? If so then have it exchanged, then it is definitely the phone.  If it works fine with another router, let me know so that we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Nicole