Re: Issues with Motorola Razr HD wifi

was it already solved?

steelfish
What's DOS?
Views: 323
Message 33 of 46

nemomena said:

I'm from Mexico with Telcel, and I have the same issue, the wifi go off and back , can't make a good conection, I can´t see an HD video without wait to reconnect.... I was reading and seems Verizon has taken the problem and resolve it....why not motorola does an update for all us??

and yes...I've tried with different routers...

I feel sad because I love Motorola Phones, I used to use a Defy Plus, and Loved it.

Please, do something

Samsung does, Sony does, even LG does updates to improve its products.

View original

Im also from Mexico, using Telcel carrier and same issues .. no wifi connections at home and work and most of the mexico hotels and restaurants that offer wifi service, I dont think this a hardware problem because I went to USA for vacations and could use the Wifi that the US hotel had, so I think its a problem of one of the automatic upgrades this problem has just 1 week from now and I have the phone from 2-2-2013 and this is the first problem during all this time, although I recond this is annoying that my wife sansumg S4 and my kid Ipod5 surf the web on my home wifi 2x faster than my moto HD 925 when it was working... but now its not working and I like it very much to just change it for another phone.

any help ?

RockSahi
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 46

I thought i was alone but after reading this blog i am assure this is motorola problem not carrier. i am with Rogers and exact same problem  

i have factory reset my phone twice and changed my router twice and i did unlocked bootloader but the problem stays the same and i think problem started with last update 4.1.2 and we never got 4.2 or 4.3 OTA. All im waiting for 4.4 if this OTA didnt fix the problem this would be the last any of motorola devices in our FAMILY. 

Dont try to fix the problem.... Oh what i mean to say dont try to wast your time  

Thanks 

steven_oc
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 46

I don't have a fix, but I'll add my name to the list of customers who have this problem. My phone is a RAZR MAXX HD XT926.

I can work around it by turning off Wi-Fi and turning it back on. This is better than shutting down the phone, but still not acceptable.

Verizon has sent me several replacement phones, and they all still have this problem. Frustrating.

Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 46

No answer, but I too am having wifi issues. My RazrMaxx HD won't even recognize any routers. I turn it on just to have it turn right back off. I have FRS and played with advance setting same things every time. I love my phone now am reconsidering with the continues complaints of the same issue.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 37 of 46

Jason said:

No answer, but I too am having wifi issues. My RazrMaxx HD won't even recognize any routers. I turn it on just to have it turn right back off. I have FRS and played with advance setting same things every time. I love my phone now am reconsidering with the continues complaints of the same issue.

View original

If you're in the U.S., I'm pretty sure we're in the wrong forum.  Confusing, I know, but when the model name started with "Motorola" instead of "Droid," the phone was sold outside of the U.S.  If you can answer that, and we're not in the right forum here, a moderator will move it.

Have you tried running the phone in safe mode to see if wifi behaves as expected?

Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 46

I'm in the US.  I have an xt926. No I have not tried save mode.  If I did,
what would it prove, hardware or software? WiFi doesn't recognize any WiFi
signals and turns itself off. Very frustrating since I FRS phone and now
have to start all over without WiFi. This will drastically increase my data
usage.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 39 of 46

I'm sorry, but I don't know what "FRS phone" means.  

Safe mode prevents third party apps from loading.  If wifi connects properly in safe mode, then we can pretty much be assured that it's not a hardware problem, and it's not an OS problem.  

Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 46

Factory Reset... I don't know how to restart in safe mode.  I have tried
restarting in Ap mode, but when I restart by pushing both side buttons
(volume and power) no safe mode option available.