Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 205
Message 41 of 46

Re: Issues with Motorola Razr HD wifi

Thanks for the explanation.  We tend to say "FDR" for factory data reset.  Don't ask me why.   indecision

Sometimes people will say that they performed a reset and the problem persisted.  If you have automatic restore turned on when you perform the reset, and if the problem is caused by a software conflict, it's likely that the problem will be reinstalled before you even have a chance to check it out, leading to the conclusion that the phone has a hardware problem or a very serious OS flaw.

The method used to perform the reset can also make a difference.  A reset using the phone's menu is said to be a less thorough wipe than the external method, which requires you to access the recovery menu.  And the number of times you perform the reset can make a difference, too.  In this forum, the experts (or XPRTs) recommend performing a reset from the recovery menu 3 times in a row.  So, compulsively, when I do it, I do it 4 or 5 times in a row and when I'm done, I wipe the cache a few times, too.  If I'm going to wipe the phone, I want to make sure it's wiped.  And I always keep automatic restore turned off.  

But safe mode is a lot easier.  Just touch the power button until the "Power Off" menu appears on the screen.  Touch and hold "Power Off" on the screen until the "Safe mode" screen appears.  Tap OK and the phone will reboot into safe mode.  To get out of safe mode, just turn the phone off and back on again.

Let us know how safe mode goes.

Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 46

In safe mode and am having same issue.  Tried WiFi fix app and indicated
inability to initiate WiFi.
Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 46

Could it possibly be malware?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 44 of 46

Which fixer app did you use?

And no, malware wouldn't be my first thought at all.  A hardware issue, maybe.  

Jason45
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 46

Downloaded from Google, Wifi fixer for android.  App indicates "Wifi state
unknown" then "enabling" then "unknown" then "release wake lock" then
"enabling" then "unknown" then... you get the idea. Then, finally the app
gives up with an, "Alarm intent." Could it be a result of the infamous
update? The wifi seems to be unable to even initiate to scan for signals;
as soon as wifi is turned on, wifi turns off.
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 46 of 46

Hey Jason ,

does it turn on at all or does the WIFI keep switching off? If you can't use WIFI at all then it might need to go for a repair.

Cheers,

Nicole