cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razrbird
What's DOS?
Views: 312
Message 11 of 19

Re: RAZR HD 4.1.2 software issues TO FIX!

Sadly I can confirm most of Arthur's issues on my RAZR HD as well (but those are minor compared to my initial issue list...):

• Goggle Chrome always has been slow for me, and had to install a 3rd party app (Dolphin Browser) to get decent scrolling and web page rendering performance. That's a shame, specially with otherwise perfectly smooth stock Android browser being wiped from system. I've got a SUGGESTION for Arthur though: try to enable all HW acceleration features in Chrome (under chrome://flags/ url + you can check them on chrome://gpu/ page), it helped me a lot and now i'm finally using this browser again.

• Launcher gets very slow sometimes, that's a fact (as it was on RAZR i). Not a huge deal, but regular redrawing can be super annoying on a flagship device.

I've never used Google Music (and as a workaround I recommend buying PowerAmp music player from Google Play, works without a glitch from SD, even with FLAC music) so I cannot say anything about that, and I've almost never had issues with Quick settings WiFi toggle.

• Speaking of Quick settings, I've noticed another weird thing though: when I switch off GPS with the toggle here, my location sharing is also disabled. So when I want apps to keep reporting my position (like Google+ locations, formerly Latitude) with GPS radio turned off, I have to go to the detailed settings and untick 'GPS sattellites' checkbox manually, as Quick settings' GPS toggle is mislabeled and turns off GPS radio AND 'Access to my location' feature as well. So basically it isn't only non-quick but also misleading. It took me 6 months to realize that my location have not being shared because of this illogical 'feature'.

So basically at least 3 new issues can be easily added to my list, as confirmed by 2 independent owners. Any response (and actual steps) would be highly appreciated, as usual.

Regards

arthurr
Paper Tape
Message 12 of 19

razrbird said:

Sadly I can confirm most of Arthur's issues on my RAZR HD as well (but those are minor compared to my initial issue list...):

• Goggle Chrome always has been slow for me, and had to install a 3rd party app (Dolphin Browser) to get decent scrolling and web page rendering performance. That's a shame, specially with otherwise perfectly smooth stock Android browser being wiped from system. I've got a SUGGESTION for Arthur though: try to enable all HW acceleration features in Chrome (under chrome://flags/ url + you can check them on chrome://gpu/ page), it helped me a lot and now i'm finally using this browser again.

• Launcher gets very slow sometimes, that's a fact (as it was on RAZR i). Not a huge deal, but regular redrawing can be super annoying on a flagship device.

I've never used Google Music (and as a workaround I recommend buying PowerAmp music player from Google Play, works without a glitch from SD, even with FLAC music) so I cannot say anything about that, and I've almost never had issues with Quick settings WiFi toggle.

• Speaking of Quick settings, I've noticed another weird thing though: when I switch off GPS with the toggle here, my location sharing is also disabled. So when I want apps to keep reporting my position (like Google+ locations, formerly Latitude) with GPS radio turned off, I have to go to the detailed settings and untick 'GPS sattellites' checkbox manually, as Quick settings' GPS toggle is mislabeled and turns off GPS radio AND 'Access to my location' feature as well. So basically it isn't only non-quick but also misleading. It took me 6 months to realize that my location have not being shared because of this illogical 'feature'.

So basically at least 3 new issues can be easily added to my list, as confirmed by 2 independent owners. Any response (and actual steps) would be highly appreciated, as usual.

Regards

View original

Thank you so much! At least one issue (with chrome) can be totally solved, later will try to use PowerAmp Smiley Happy 

Thanks again for your feedback 

arthurr
Paper Tape
Message 13 of 19

One more:

YOUTUBE ISSUE: 

Impossible to see any video with official youtube client more then 1 minute without glitches. It's reproduced with HD videos. No matter - there are any apps in background or there are not any. When I'm trying to watch some videos after some time (~1 minute) my phone start to "stuck" and lags so terrible…so i can't do anything, even system buttons (home, back, recent apps) did not respond or respond with big delay in ~4-6 seconds. 

I'm watching videos only like this all the time. It's the most craziest thing that i've seen. 

720p display and the phone, that can't play hd videos normally. 

razrbird
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 19

Personally I never had issues with YouTube app on RAZR HD on any resolution, just perfectly fluid playback. Maybe unique problem caused by an app?

Regards

razrbird
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 19

Nicole, any response please?

My phone is broken by software in at least one key function, a newer official ROM fixing it is obviously available but I still cannot have that if I want to keep my warranty. Shall I send back phone to Expansys (30 EUR and weeks of waiting for a slim chance that Moto service updates my RAZR's software) or prepare to sell it and buy a Nexus5 if I want real aftermarket support?

Regards

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 16 of 19

Hey razrbird and others,

Apologies for my temporary absence.

I can confirm that the build you have is an early version which supposedly was cancelled as there was a newer build available. How this came onto your phone is a mystery to me.

I am checking our options here, please bear with me.

Cheers,

Nicole

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 17 of 19

Hi all,

If you find that you have the build 9.8.2Q-8-XT925-VQU-25 then please send me a PM.

I will check for options for you.

Thanks,

Nicole

razrbird
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 19

Bye Moto, this is my last post here. Got my Nexus 5 yesterday and selling my RAZR HD now. Btw KitKat update is official for XT925 but no word on it here. Typical Moto communication faliure. Cheers
motozsu
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 19

Dear Nicole,

I bought razrbird's motorola razr HD, and I'm interested in the solution of the problem. I have exactly the written built. If necessary, I can send a screenshot of it.

I'll send You a private messege too.

Thanks for help!

motozsu