10-27-2014 09:44 AM
Last Friday I got a notification that I could update to 4.4.2. I was very excited. :-) Today I downloaded and installed the update. However after the update successfully installed and the phone restarted it never loaded into the OS. :-( It just sits there on the pulsing Motorola Logo. Any suggestions for a fix? I let it sit like that for about three hours and there was no change. I then powered it down and loaded into the boot menu. From there the Fastboot option seems to work correctly (i.e. it loads into fastboot). The "recovery" option does give me the android laying on its back with its belly open, but then there is no response. I.E. I can't scroll to bring up "recovery". All other options from the boot menu just return to the pulsing motorola logo. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated.
I was updating from 4.1.2 with one of the XT925.AmericaMovil.en.01 firmwares. I am not sure exactly which one it was though (20024, 20026, 21016, 21015, or 24002)
11-07-2014 07:55 AM
Have you tried these steps?
The last option is to attempt an external factory reset.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
NOTE: Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key for 5-10 seconds
6. While still holding the VOL DOWN key tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: Try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, do a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
7. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
9. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM
10. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .
11-10-2014 07:51 AM
Thanks for the response Mark!
Yes, I did try the steps you mention. I can get to the "Android in distress" step, however when I try and do steps 5 and 6, nothing happens. The additional "menu options" that are supposed to display in step 7, never show up. The screen just continues to display the "Android in distress". Now however, I cannot even get the phone to power on and display the "Motorola" Logo.
11-13-2014 05:37 AM
Strangest thing. I am now able to power the phone on again, and when I do the steps 5&6 of the "External Reset" I am able to get the menu option to "Wipe data/ factory reset". However, if I do this, the phone says it successfully perform the reset, but when powering it on, the phone still just sits on the pulsing motorola logo.
11-29-2014 09:27 PM
Astro Doc Carl, it's changed once you get to the Android in distress screen (since you're now in KitKat).
Previous: press and hold Volume Down, press and release Volume Up to get blue wipe/factory menu.
Now: press and hold Volume Down, press and release Power button.
I found this out through trial and error. By the way, I (and many others) have experienced the same 'stuck at the Motorola watery logo' after this update. You need to do a factory reset. I had the exact same problem. The factory reset seemed to clear things up.
Btw, I got the above thru trial and error. I was so frustrated I was just pushing buttons... heh... What I think I did was at the distressed Android I pushed Volume down and up and power (everything) Heh. But try what I said and report back.