Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Royston1
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 1 of 4

Razr HD Smart Actions Fail

Upgraded Razr HD XT925 (OTA) to 4.4.2

I still have SmartActions  installed and available and the "Drive" app available too. I can set a Rule to reply by text to any caller or text message received (e.g. on the road will reply when safe to do so) but this never triggers. This is 'On' when I am Blue Toothed to a specific vehicle. However the Meeting Rule I've set does work correctly.

I cannot locate Assist to even try and use that. I know others have said it's not a useful as SmartActions.

So - Can I fix my Drive Rule?  Or can I get help to locate Assist?

Thanks

Royston1
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Razr HD Smart Actions Fail

It appears that that Moto Assist is not compatible with Razr HD so left wanting to fix the Drive Rule text back issue.

Netboysteve1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Smart Actions is deprecated.  I would move on to a new app.  There are plenty out there now. I used Smart Actions for the first couple years of my RAZR and it's cool but limited.  Not enough triggers.  I switched to Tasker and I'm sooo much happier.  Tasker is so much more powerful, you can't even compare.  I would highly suggest you install Tasker and then you could import another person's profile that does what you want.  Whereas Smart actions would only text back "I"m driving" or whatever, Tasker would pause your music, read your text, ask if you wanna reply, take your reply, confirm it and send it.  Ain't that better?  I have that sort of Tasker profile running on demand. I turn it on for headphones sometimes, sometimes in car, sometimes at home.

I can help you with Tasker if you like.  Smiley Happy  Smart Actions started it all, but it's dead.

Royston1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thank You for the response - apologies for the delay in responding - been on holiday for awhile.

I'll try another app - just wanted to make sure I shouldn't expect any more Motorola Samrt Actions updates or support.

Thanks