Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieY
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 1 of 4

Razr HD WiFi and Bluetooth Issues

Hi,

My wifi and bluetooth used to work absolutely perfect, until now. I have been having issues with wifi and bluetooth for a little while now. It was bearable initially, now not so bearable. First off wifi...

WiFi will only connect when the phone wants to. I am currently connected to wifi on my laptop, my phone is sitting next to me with wifi turned on, not connected, and can't find my home network. Other times, it detects the network, has full signal strength, and simply refuses to connect to it. Other times, I am sitting 2 metres away from our modem/router, and says that it is out of range. When it is connected, it may work perfectly for 15-20mins, and then the wifi symbol goes grey and won't transmit any data. Using my phone as a hotspot rarely works as well. My wife's Galaxy S4 connects to my phone, then disconnects, and then reconnects, and then disconnects again. My laptop detects it, but won't connect, and other times, it won't show up in the available networks list. At times it can work fine. It can go for a week with no problems, even to the extent that it doesn't want to disconnect (I have driven to the local shops about 2km's/3.2miles away, and the wifi symbol is still lit up blue! Obviously I am well out of range, but my phone seems to have a different opinion. For the most part, wifi is a non-usable feature of my phone. That is about all I can think of at the moment for wifi.

On to bluetooth....

Bluetooth has stopped working altogether. I have a bluetooth car kit that my phone started off working perfectly with, and then started to go down hill. It would constantly disconnect, clarity was horrible, it would crackle through the bluetooth speaker like it was out of range, and now nothing at all. It won't detect/connect to any bluetooth devices. I had 5 devices that it was paired with, and none of them will pair with my phone any more. I have erased them from the pairing list, and attempted to pair them like it was the first time, and nothing happens. None of the devices show up in the search list. Bluetooth seemed to die a slow death, as each week was going by, it was connecting less and less, until it got to the point that it would not connect at all. I have also reset my bluetooth car kit and deleted all pairings that it had stored, and attempted to get my phone to connect as a new pairing, still refused to work.

I have backed up my phone and done a reset. Tested the wifi and bluetooth before putting any information back on to my phone, and still had the same result, neither wifi or bluetooth wanted to work. I restored all my data back on to the phone, neither wifi or bluetooth wanted to work again.

Kind of stuck for ideas now, am I due for a repair? Or is there something that I am missing that I should be doing?

Please help! :-)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Razr HD WiFi and Bluetooth Issues

First, a couple of questions: what version of the OS are you running?

Second, when you say that you tested before restoring any information, does that mean you didn't reinstall your apps before testing too?

JamieY
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

OS is 4.1.2

I didn't reinstall any apps that I had put on it, just in case it may had been one of them that was causing issues. It was an "out of the box" test.

As previously stated, my phone will connect to wifi whenever it wants, tonight is one of those nights. Its sitting next to me on charge, and wifi is working. I am worried about taking it to a repairer, as, if the described fault does not occur when they do tests, I will get charged a fee for looking at it. As much as I tell them it is an issue that has been going on for months, they can not hold on to my phone for that period of time to confirm.

JamieY
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Sorry if I am being impatient, is there any follow up to my query?