Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satyr
What's DOS?
Views: 324
Message 11 of 17

Re: Razr HD in infinite loop after hard reset

I have the same issue with the RAZR HD (fido), i've tried to resolve that unlocking the bootloader and going to the nonbranded fw (e.g retail) but it seem's like jb update crashing the flash system - RSD & fastboot show that phone are flashing, but after end of process phone looks like nothing flashed - it getting bootlop, and if i select "normal booting" or "factory" or "bp tools" from the boot options menu it stucks on the Fido logo screen. holy crap =(((( Don't try to flash anything and get dev to the service.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 17

The Fido website posted an answer that worked, but it looks like you're in the same boat as Elusive above.

Since unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty, whether through Motorola or otherwise, and we're not permitted to discuss anything on this forum but the stock software, our hands our tied.

In different, but somewhat similar situations, others have been able to "find their way home."  I do hope you find a resolution, perhaps in another forum.

Elusive
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 17

To clarify : I never unlocked my bootloader. I flashed my phone to Rogers oem rom and never needed to unlock the bootloader. When I put my phone to flash mode, it says the boot loader is LOCKED. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 17

null

To clarify : I never unlocked my bootloader. I flashed my phone to Rogers oem rom and never needed to unlock the bootloader. When I put my phone to flash mode, it says the boot loader is LOCKED. 

View original

I stand corrected, but the end result is the same.

Dogsbody
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 17

Thanks Phalanx101 for pointing me in the right direction, same thing happened to me on Australia Telstra JB 4.1.2

I had been searching forums all day and was going to unlock and/or flash, but no need now. Cheers.

m0j0
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 17

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm digging it up anyway because it describes my problem exactly (well almost). 

I've borrowed my girlfriends spare RAZR HD because my XT910 is a brick at the moment (something I'm trying to resolve).  The HD is running stock Telstra JB 4.1.2 and all we did was a factory reset from within the settings menu so I could set it up for myself.  The factory reset put it in the loop but I interrupted it with the three finger salute and forced it into a normal boot which worked fine and I proceeded to set it up with my details.

Had it running fine for a couple of days but I forgot to put it on charge last night and when I charged it and turned it on, straight back into the loop.  Had to interrupt that again and "normal boot" it and set it up all over again.  After having some issues with the radio tonight, I gave it another boot and it went straight back into the loop.  

A bit of research led me to this page and a few others that all pointed to the same solution.  I followed this exactly (four times to be precise) and each time it did exactly as described with the exception of the reboot which then went back into the boot loop.  Given that the solution seems to work for everyone but me, I don't really expect anyone to know, but I'm out of ideas so I'm desperate.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

MJ

VitaX
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 17

If what they guy said about flashing is true, wouldn't that also mean once we're able to update to 4.4.2 kitkat, we'll experience the same problem? Furthermore, not only does it cause the phone to infinite loop (hard reset will temporarily fix the problem) but the phone itself can't check for updates. Wouldn't this mean that the only way to update the phone is by flashing the oem rom from the carrier. Clearly the stock firmware of 4.1.2 jelly bean from fido is the root of the error. 

Even if the phone were to be brought back to the Motorola headquarter's for "fixing", what will they be able to do?..........nothing. They don't customize the roms thus the warranty that they provide us is useless. They would need to give us a phone with a different firmware, one that doesn't have these problems. One solution would be giving a completely new phone, another would be they themselves try flashing a rom or unlocking the bootloader to load up one of their custom roms.

All in all, Motorola really needs to step up their game with customer support. They reply way too slowly.