Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shadowkill
What's DOS?
Views: 1,346
Message 1 of 44

XT 925 KitKat rollout

I've seen a KitKat update for the US XT926 is already rolling out... Regarding the Razr HD XT-925, will we be getting KitKat anytime soon? We have been waiting a while, and in the US the XT926 is being updated, so I figured  that maybe a soak test is almost here for the xt925?

Please don't make us wait much more...

Gunee
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 44

Re: XT 925 KitKat rollout

I've also been expecting this for a few months now, and even more recently since I plan to buy a heart rate monitor that is only compatible with Bluetooth Smart devices. I know that the XT925 has a built in Bluetooth 4.0 chip, which is technically Bluetooth Smart capable, but the current version of Android on the phone does not implement this technology.

texascowboy1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 44

I would love to know when the XT925 will get the update also. This update has been a long time coming and its getting pretty discouraging that all we have heard about is the Verizon model getting the update. It would be great if someone from Moto could give us a little insight on how much longer the XT925 users have to wait for this update. Even the update page still just says "will be upgraded to 4.4" and puts no time on it. Tell us something please.

Gogome
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 44

I have heard that some bugs had recently appeared with 4.4.2 for razr hd xt926 in US. In parallel, android 4.4.3 has also been released in order to fix bugs from the 4.4.2. I leave in France and I would like to know what are the plans for my xt925 please: dates and realeases?

Thank you.

Gunee
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 44

Hi everyone,

I recently came across this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53160172) which says in a nutshell that Motorola has started rolling out a "soak test" OTA update to a random set of users (picked from the Motorola Feedback Network I guess) for the retail XT925 in France. This was reported on June 4.

It seems that this will be based on the 4.4.2 release of KitKat. According to that same thread, it seems there are a few bugs about establishing Wifi connection, and receiving some text messages.

I guess that, as soon as these bugs are addressed, and the builds are done, they will start rolling out the actual OTA update to the public (but that is just my guess). I expect the wait to soon be over.

Hang in there everyone, KitKat is coming...

remoteone
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 44

Looking forward to updating my XT925 to KitKat . I bought this phone specifically because I was told there was an update available.... Ill be pissed if it does not happen...

Still , this RAZR is a great phone, coming from an iPhone to try out Android.. so far very impressed... but I digress.

When it does come, will the update simply be via the Windows Motorola Device Manager and/or OTA?

Cheers

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 44

remoteone said:

Looking forward to updating my XT925 to KitKat . I bought this phone specifically because I was told there was an update available.... Ill be pissed if it does not happen...

Still , this RAZR is a great phone, coming from an iPhone to try out Android.. so far very impressed... but I digress.

When it does come, will the update simply be via the Windows Motorola Device Manager and/or OTA?

Cheers

View original

You can find information about Android upgrades here.  Please be sure to click the link to get information on the country you need.  When the upgrade is available, it will be delivered via OTA.

texascowboy1
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 44

Thats IF it ever gets the upgrade. Motorola is once again dragging their feet it seems. They are only really worried about "googlerola" phones it looks like. 7 months after the Moto X was updated and several months after the verizon version got theirs, the rest of their "will be upgraded" phones still have nothing and no time frame or news on it at all. Even the Atrix HD is still waiting and there is even less news on it. Maybe the buyout from Lenovo made them quit caring about their past phones altogether. I love Motorola hardware but this company just cant seem to keep anything going for them. They need to, just once, try sticking to what they say and also keep their consumers updated on any upgrades they will receive, not just say you'll get something and go silent for 6 months to a year.

Monky80
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 44

Hello to everyone

live in Mexico and I am waiting for the Update to KitKat.

I am interested in to buy the Motorola 360 smart watch, but for that I need to have Android 4.1 or later

So, I would like to have a date to upgrade my phone or a web address to downlad the update.

Thank You

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 10 of 44

If you have a Razr HD, you should already be running 4.1 (ICS.....4.0 - 4.1). KitKat starts at 4.2 and currently is up to 4.4. So you may be good to go as is.