Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 11 of 24 (0 Views)

Re: ICS Update in Australia

maara said:

It doesn't matter who is or who isn't right as it solves nothing... The fact is that other manufacturers are already releasing ics even for some legacy (galaxy s2 and some xperias) devices but motorola still have no ics for its flagship and now it seems that there will be another delay (second or third in a row...). You must understand what does it mean to all the users and all the complaints about that... :-(

Anyway - could you please specify if the ics will be delayed only for australia for some reason or if there is some technical issue so all the gsm xt910 are affected and all of them will be delayed?

thanks

Yeah Right tell us, is the delay only for Australia or Worldwide Razr?

Highlighted
Bit Torrent
Message 12 of 24 (0 Views)

I can't give out any details but it won't be only Austrailia. More details will come in the next several days from the regions affected.

I know it doesn't help get the upgrade any faster, but really there's nothing anyone can do. It will come, it's just going to take a little more time.

The fact is that other manufacturers are already releasing ics even for some legacy (galaxy s2 and some xperias) devices but motorola still have no ics for its flagship and now it seems that there will be another delay (second or third in a row...). You must understand what does it mean to all the users and all the complaints about that... :-(

As someone with lots of phones from several different OEMs, some with upgrades to ICS.. I wish they would have taken some more time to work the bugs out before it was pushed to users. I have both a Samsung i9100 and N7000 and the ICS upgrades to both devices is buggy. As for Samsung, they had the advantage of having ICS code for far longer than other OEMs due to their involvement with the Galaxy Nexus. All others had to wait until it was released.

This is the first and only delay to the timeframe that was originally given (Q2). 

What's DOS?
Message 13 of 24 (0 Views)

Well if there is bugs... release it with bugs.. we give feedback & you rectify.... 

I would be sacked if i said Q2 for my report then go actually there might be a few bugs so i will take another 3 months. don't know when....

Bit Torrent
Message 14 of 24 (0 Views)

Yeah, that won't happen.

The bugs wouldn't be fixed for another 6 months and you'd be back in here complaining about it. How does that help anyone?

They'll be fixed (if signiicant), resubmitted for review and then released. That's how it works.

Also; the Q2 date was not a hard date, but an approximation. 

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b73468a6cf?commentId=618460#618460

What's DOS?
Message 15 of 24 (0 Views)

Thats because people think it's acceptable for bugs to be fixed 6 months later! it's not...

I'm a massive Motorola Fan - HUGE - but this annoys me so much! Iphones all get updated within 1 day. They don't fall behind on schedules - this is the company that take your customers. Motorola can't update a phone within 9 months? They said it's because of Carrier approval etc.. They are SIM free models - release ICS already if Verizon can receive the update....

Otherwise why pay more for a SIM free model....

Bit Torrent
Message 16 of 24 (0 Views)

No, it's because the process that needs to happen for the update to even happen, takes that long.

I am not going to get into it, you're set in your opinon and that's fine. I am merely here telling you how it is going to be.

http://gizmodo.com/5884157/why-updates-for-your-android-phone-take-so-long

Yes, there are SIM-free models, but those same phones are on carrier networks that need to give their approval as well. You pay more for not being locked to a specific carrier, it has nothing to do with when your phone will or will not be updated.

What's DOS?
Message 17 of 24 (0 Views)

Edited by pacojr67- Comments removed due to violations of the forum rules[1]

What's DOS?
Message 18 of 24 (0 Views)

I hope my Atrix 2 will receive ICS update by Q1 2013. Cool

What's DOS?
Message 19 of 24 (0 Views)

4 days to go & still no sign of the ICS update for the RAZR.. so it looks like what they said @ the customer care is true, ICS launch is pushed to Q3, but no one knows the exact time frame!

Atleast Motorola should update the same on their ICS schedule.

What's DOS?
Message 20 of 24 (0 Views)

This attitude that Australia has to suck it up really f*cking stinks; Google buys Motorola Mobility and still can't keep to a published deadline (and to back up a few other comments, when I bought my RAZR I was informed that ICS would be out for it in Feb 2012 when I purchased in Dec 2011 so that's 3-4 delays) not good enough...Windows, you're looking as attractive as ever and I think I'll start rebuilding my ecosystem around you.