Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 2,618
Message 1 of 10

Please make a Motorola Razr "V3" with 4G LTE

Please really consider re-issuing the iconic Razr phone with 4G / LTE capabilities.  Android as the OS would be optional. Remember a year or so ago when you released the video of all those people with Razrs and people thought you were bringing it back?  People were excited about the idea.   The Razr flip phone on a modern network would sell a LOT of phones!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,590
Message 2 of 10

Re: Please make a Motorola Razr "V3" with 4G LTE

Hi TimHare,

I, personally, would love this idea as well. I will definitely forward this feedback to our product team and hope for the best.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 2,562
Message 3 of 10

Great!  I wish they'd do some market research - they'd find out, I think, the phone would be popular.  If they "must" make a smart phone, make two screens that act as one, when the phone is flipped open.   But really, for me, the features of one of the latest V3 phones would be enough, as long as it is 3G or better 4G.   I was on the cusp of buying one of the 2G phones, but some carriers seem to be phasing out 2G

kadejott
Paper Tape
Views: 2,456
Message 4 of 10

new technology in the old Design, compatible to powerbanks would be great
TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 2,339
Message 5 of 10

One more idea - seems that 'voice assistants' are all the rage these days ("talking to your phone" what a "novel" idea!)  - so a Razr form factor could use voice-to-text for various functions to save on size...

TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 1,979
Message 6 of 10

Hey - you may already have half of the phone done already - the Razr3 (V13) proptotype has some nice features.  Probably some of them sitting in a "junk drawer" in some engineering space? Just update the radios, maybe do a different OS?

Wikipedia article about Razr3 prototype

LoveRAZR
What's DOS?
Views: 1,909
Message 7 of 10

I'm still using Moto RAZR V3i in india And I would love to buy another with 4G VoLTE capability.
TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 1,525
Message 8 of 10

Seeing the rumors about a Razr with 'foldable screen'  - while that might be cool,  if it's faster to market to do two inside screens (don't drop the outside screen please)  OR to actually do the V3 keypad and one screen,  do one of those, too!  If you add voice functions the keyboarding is not so important, but the "pocketability" is !

Pavilion
Punch Card
Views: 1,387
Message 9 of 10

I think this could be a smart move from Motorola, but they have to work hard on it, bringing a popular device that I even kept until this day and it's popular on eBay with too many Chinese factories replicating it. All this means that this device is a success to this day.

I would buy it if it kept the design aspects and has all the new features.

TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 1,290
Message 10 of 10

I've been thinking about this a lot more - and personally I think I'd lean a lot more toward a Razr V3m,  with a screen with higher res and 4G radio/protocols, but the original aluminum clamshell body and keyboard.   Just a "simple upgrade" as it were.  As long as I can move the SIM from my Moto G-series to the Razr and back, I'm good.

@TimHare

Top Kudoed Posts