Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ V
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

04-02-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 21 of 36

Re: I guess theres no update for the XT885.

2013-04-02, 15:17 PM
Guys, I'm really disappointed my purchase. Got a Razr V from Virgin Mobile back in August, still no sign of jelly bean.

I've been using Motorola phones since the days of the razr, krzr, I even had a waterproof defy until recently.

Handset quality is not enough. We want regular software updates. What's the point of having a new Motorola phone if your software is really out of date and runs like crap?

I wanted to believe that Motorola can make a comeback, but I see no that's not realistic.

My next phone will be a Samsung.

Sorry guys, I tried.
Options

9 Posts

04-02-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 22 of 36

2013-04-02, 17:33 PM

Just got off the phone with Motorola's support center;

officially they still haven't made a decision as to if or when the RAZR V will be updated to JB...

Options

6 Posts

03-15-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 23 of 36

2013-04-03, 0:59 AM

TrooperKhan said:

Guys, I'm really disappointed my purchase. Got a Razr V from Virgin Mobile back in August, still no sign of jelly bean. I've been using Motorola phones since the days of the razr, krzr, I even had a waterproof defy until recently. Handset quality is not enough. We want regular software updates. What's the point of having a new Motorola phone if your software is really out of date and runs like crap? I wanted to believe that Motorola can make a comeback, but I see no that's not realistic. My next phone will be a Samsung. Sorry guys, I tried.View original

Ugh. I actually got the Samsung Galaxy but switched to Razr V after 12 hours because I heard the battery life was way better. It wasn't really in the beginning - little did I know batteries need a little while to reach optimum capacity. I can tell you the Galaxy ran WAY smoother than the Razr V - probably because of Jelly Bean - had a bigger/super amoled screen...  I thought "Hey, Jelly Bean is coming to a bunch of other OLDER sets than the Razr V. It's only a matter of time, right?"

Not so sure anymore but my experience with Motorola has been kinda disappointing. They still have time to turn it around, but as it stands I would not recommend them to friends or internet acquaintances.

Options

13 Posts

12-04-2012

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 36

2013-04-03, 14:37 PM

Am certainly convienced now that there will be no Jelly Bean update for this phone. How can you keep telling consumers you havent made plans yet to update it. My advice for you guys out there is to sell your phones and get something else. i sold my and now on a Galaxy Nexus enjoying the Android 4.2.2 experience with no issues at all. Oh , Android 5.0 will be here soon and i will be getting it first too.??(its a Nexus ,thats why). 

i just dont know what Motorola thinks of us. This phone has never recieved any update before. And you telling me you havnt made plans yet to update it.? Outrageous..Dont even get me started on the Lock Bootloaders...

Options

9 Posts

04-02-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 36

2013-04-03, 15:27 PM
Let's just wait, Motorola will surely deliver.
Options

3 Posts

02-18-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 36

2013-04-03, 17:07 PM

It's so extremely sad that Motorola has not even made a decision yet if the Razr V will be updated to 4.1 when 5.0 is just around the corner!!!!! The Razr V was supposed to be "everyones phone" and can clearly handle the update. BUT.... lets look at the bigger picture here. Google bought Motorola, why aren't they putting a fire under MotoCan's ass to give us an answer??? China has recieved the update, and Australia is scheduled for very soon. Wtf about Canada??? Are we really this lazy and behind times??? I dun know who to be frustrated with anymore but I will be getting a Samsung device very shortly. Screw this non sense, and I wont get the Moto X phone.. Why would I support the company that is doing this to me.... Lol 

Options

20 Posts

03-04-2013

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 27 of 36

2013-04-12, 4:51 AM

Well, Australian model was supposed to get the update in March... still no sight of it and Motorola support doesn't know when it will really be released...

Options

20 Posts

03-04-2013

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 28 of 36

2013-04-18, 4:52 AM

Australia just got theirs today... hopefully Canada will get theirs soon

Options

3 Posts

02-18-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 29 of 36

2013-04-18, 20:05 PM

Wow, lets cross our fingers and hope. I do LOVE my device, but I feel stiffed just purchasing it brand new in Sep 2012, and still no word in Canada about the update. China and Australia can deliver. This is really sad for Canada. We are always behind in everything. Even a yes or no would help so I can decide to find a new device or not. Lame.

Options

2 Posts

06-16-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 30 of 36

2013-06-16, 2:46 AM

I really wish they would hurry up with the update. It's now June 2013 and still nothing on my Wind RAZR V. The Chinese RAZR V and the Electrify 2 which is the exact same phone has gotten Jelly Bean ages ago. Absolutely no support for us Canadian users? What is this Motorola? 

Can we not install the Electrify 2's update or another country's RAZR V update on our Candadian RAZR V? I remember I had a XT720 and I was able to do that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms