Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

06-07-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

GPS application which doesnt need the network

2012-08-01, 6:55 AM

Why doesnt the XT910 have a GPS application which does not need the network to operate much like the one which Nokia ships with its phones (Nokia Drive)?

It would be really helpful for those who are stuck in a new city and have to haggle with the cab drivers on the cost to be paid for the trip...i just now experienced that...the cab guy just now charged me for a 15 km drive which (accroding to Google Maps) should have been a 8 km drive...

Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: GPS application which doesnt need the network

2012-08-01, 8:29 AM

If you go to system settings > Location services  and switch off "Google's Location service (..WiFi and mobile networks...) it should work

solely with GPS satellites. The fix could take a bit longer, but it should work.

Options

28 Posts

06-07-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-08-02, 6:52 AM

@TRose i tried your suggestion....i did turn off the Google's location service but i m still stuck....i have google maps on my mobile and it still looks for data connectivity (i guess it does to download the map of my current location)....nay workaround for that?

Thanks!! 

Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-08-02, 11:00 AM

You could try downloading maps via WiFi when there's one available. In Google Maps, tap menu, then "make available offline" to download your surrounding area.

It's not guaranteed however that navigation will work with no data connection at all, but you could try.

Madhusudan said:

@TRose i tried your suggestion....i did turn off the Google's location service but i m still stuck....i have google maps on my mobile and it still looks for data connectivity (i guess it does to download the map of my current location)....nay workaround for that?

Thanks!! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms