Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA RAZR™ and RAZR™ MAXX
All Forum Topics
Options

40 Posts

06-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 16

Ice Cream Sandwich Update

2012-07-19, 22:27 PM

@Mark, @TRose, @servbotx etc

It is now The 19th July and yet still no word from Motorola when this update will be released yet am sure I can recall a couple of comments from Motorola spokespersons saying hopefully Early July....... on this Forum yet since then nothing.............. and when you mention it via Facebook, Twitter or even This Official Motorola's owners Forum Motorola staff avoid answering like the plague.

So am asking 1 simple question as a CUSTOMER of Motorola when Will My Razr 651.167.26.XT910.Retail.en.EU be upgraded to ICS...............

Options

40 Posts

06-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 16

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Update

2012-07-19, 22:43 PM

Rogers_Agent_Jer said:

Hey there evo628, to see when ICS updates are going to happen you can refer to the motorola android update page at https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c, scroll down to the Europe section and it states that the motorola razr will be updated in Q3 2012.

hope this helps a little

Lmao That page lies like a cheap Japanese watch and is as much use as tits on a fish.......................

Options

101 Posts

03-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2012-07-20, 1:45 AM

Rogers_Agent_Jer said:

Hey there evo628, to see when ICS updates are going to happen you can refer to the motorola android update page at https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c, scroll down to the Europe section and it states that the motorola razr will be updated in Q3 2012.

hope this helps a little

If you look at the first section under Motorola Razr it shows Razr rolls out in Q2:

MOTOROLA RAZR

Asia Pacific, Canada, China, EMEA, Japan, Korea & LATAM

Development

Rollouts begin in Q2 2012.

EMEA stands for Europe, Middle East, Africa..

So you have the two different dates for Europe..  

That what is great about web pages, when the date slips you just go in and change it, See? We are on time!

My gut feel guess is that they encountered some problematic bugs and are re spinning the software. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon in the US would get a dot release in a couple of months.. 

The Razr is the Flagship phone for Motorola.  Jelly Bean SDK is already out, and the Razr still runs Gingerbread.. 

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2012-07-20, 3:08 AM

RazrThin said:

Rogers_Agent_Jer said:

hope this helps a little

If you look at the first section under Motorola Razr it shows Razr rolls out in Q2:

MOTOROLA RAZR

Asia Pacific, Canada, China, EMEA, Japan, Korea & LATAM

Development

Rollouts begin in Q2 2012.

EMEA stands for Europe, Middle East, Africa..

So you have the two different dates for Europe..  

That what is great about web pages, when the date slips you just go in and change it, See? We are on time!

My gut feel guess is that they encountered some problematic bugs and are re spinning the software. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon in the US would get a dot release in a couple of months.. 

The Razr is the Flagship phone for Motorola.  Jelly Bean SDK is already out, and the Razr still runs Gingerbread.. 

Yes - you are right (sort of), but what some either leave out or fail to read is at the at the bottom of that page.

"The information contained herein is provided for information purposes only and is intended only to outline Motorola Mobility’s presently anticipated general technology direction, and is therefore subject to change. The information communicated is not a commitment or an obligation to deliver any product, product feature, software upgrade or functionality and Motorola Mobility reserves the right to make changes to the content and timing of any product, product feature or software release. The software functionality and features provided by a specific version of the Android operating system may vary by device and manufacturer."

Not defending the fact that it hasn't been released in all areas, as I am not knowledgeable as to the reasons of why or why not, but the disclaimer at the bottom of the page is there for a reason. We were originally slated to get 4.0.3 which I believe is what delayed the US release (just my opinion). Even though some may think that is an easy change to make (going to 4.0.4), there is no way to know that unless we are in the room making the changes. People site "well XDA...The difference is, XDA has no responsibility to the consumer if their phone becomes unstable or all areas of the phone don't function the way they were designed to. In other words, if it turns into an expensive paper-weight, not their problem.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for those who wait), Motorola does not have that luxury.

Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2012-07-20, 10:51 AM

See here for an update:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9e912ca283?commentId=644165#644165

Options

9 Posts

02-26-2012

Slovakia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2012-07-20, 12:03 PM
And here we go again another delay another excuse. Amazing.
Options

12 Posts

06-20-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2012-07-20, 12:12 PM

See my post in upgrade the uk razr to ICS already!

Options

89 Posts

04-18-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 16

2012-07-20, 12:27 PM

What I have said all along is that if Moto have a bug then they should stop ALL rollouts. 

The issue is thst they are continuing to rollout ICS, and we are getting no communications. Even the forum admins seem to be in the wild as to what is happening

Therefore we MUST have updates. 

Also patching takes care of problems, if we waited for a perfect version it would never happen.

Options

89 Posts

04-18-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2012-07-20, 12:32 PM

well the update from the forum admins has convinced me

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9e912ca283

bye bye moto

Not really bothered about a warranty its all pants.

Options

12 Posts

06-20-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2012-07-20, 12:51 PM

UK Steve follow the procedure that I did works great!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms