cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
citizen1
Token Ring
Views: 383
Message 21 of 48

Re: Motorola Titanium = Iden on Andriod 2.1?

I said the usa will have iden shutdown i did not say any other nation iden is more popular in other nations then the usa Latin America for one still not as common as GSM but more then the usa iden per person

these nations normlay just buy a new phone when they need one by not updating it the get the people to get the new phone and therefore more money [since these people suposidly have less then the usa in money more profitable to sell a new phone]

as for paid upgrades ask moto frankly seems they should have tried that but they did not instead cited the speed of the phone

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 22 of 48

as i have said the USA will shut down iden i did not say the world will iden will live on just not in the usa

and no company will ever teach you how to hack your phone in there mind this is a way for you to rob them as you are buying the hacked product not there product

sprint has already taken steps to get i think 6 new phone models with PTT on CMDA to come out late this year

in short in the usa iden will die leaving only GSM and CMDA behind and frankly i want GSM to win but i hate att so we would need another company as att bought out t moble

ookami1
Token Ring
Message 23 of 48

Sounds like I need to move to Latin America lol, really though I find is hard to believe and rather stupid might I add the Sprint would kill the one part of there network that atually keeps them competing with the other two cell providers in America. They tried the CMDA PTT before and the iDEN users rejected it. Everyone that I've got to "try" the PTT feture now uses it on a daily basesso frankly I think Sprint is shooting themselves in the foot with a shoot gun.

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 24 of 48

in truth you are right for the people that get ptt phones get it for that one reason and yes there are apps that make ptt on gsm and cmda but they have lag and seveal other issues

however get sprint to see that they have already started the steps to do this the towers will remain online for a few years but they will replace there whole system and iden will not be included into this at all

wpascarelli
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 48

Nextel is the provider of PTTs feature here in Brazil. They will not shutdown their towers and de iDEN network. The point is, Motorola has a global market. They should update the phone, because in some others countrys, Motorola rules the iDEN market with their phones. In Brazil, almost everyone has a Nextel phone and a GSM phone.

I´m only using this i1 because I need it to work. Of course I use it to have some fun too. And of course, I´ll be very happy if they update it.

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 26 of 48

this is a biss as such they only do what they think will trun a profit from there target market we have apparently be left out of this as they cam with the i886 and now two more models for a total of four android phones with iden out now

boymeetsphone
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 48

You do know that the clock speed of the processor in the  i1 isn't even 500MHz right? I don't know if the Titaium will have a 1GHz or not. There is a good chance that once again there is a slower processor in it. I hope not but I'm not going to be surprised if they did.

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 28 of 48

the i1 has a cpu at 800 for a boost phone and 850 for nextel phone and the titanium will have that info out soon as it has been declared in brazil and the usa now but in truth it will have a 1 ghz for motos standers of a 2.x os and why this was not upgraded

i do not know where you got 500 from but the cpu in this phone is of a series that runs from 400 - 1.2ghz but the ones in this phone is 800 -850 depending on which person you bought it from

boymeetsphone
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 48

I got it from two places

Here: http://developer.motorola.com/products/i1/

And the fact that I do phone reviews and owned this phone for a while.

boymeetsphone
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 48

800MHz is the iDEN band frequency. The CPU is below 500MHz(like 470MHz at it's peak). The fact that the i1 has the slowest CPU of any Android phone I know of is the reason that it will not be seeing anything pasted cupcake(Android 1.5).