cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
citizen1
Token Ring
Views: 332
Message 41 of 48

Re: Motorola Titanium = Iden on Andriod 2.1?

no the i1 is locked so there are people like me willing to write a os for the phones but my issue is having a phone to test one with out destroying mine

lior1
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 48

boymeetsphone
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 48

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 44 of 48

finaly some info comming out on this the last bits came from brazil

boymeetsphone yes and no on the cpu speed they have the same cpu running at the same speed defult which can be clocked up to 900mhz with out stressing the cpu however the reason they say the i1 is 500 is the ram that they used is an vary slow kind this effetivly slows the cpu down and unless it was replaced with faster ram you can not fix the speed on the i1 with out burning out the ram in a few months

kyv24
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 48

Hey just wanted to say that I think I'll give the Titanium I try but PLEASE Motorola, try to at least update it to 2.2 Froyo. I'm tired of people bashing on sites about the Titanium being 2.1. I love iDEN and it doesn't seems to bother me at all since I still use PTT. Also, I'm not that picky when it comes to cellphones but at least try to update it to 2.2 or the bashing will continue.

citizen1
Token Ring
Message 46 of 48

i can promise you they will not

for proof read the promise they  made that the i1 would get upgraded and then read the 10,000 angry customers here when they did not

also if you are in the usa and you are do not get a iden that will die in less then 2 years nation wide as sprint will stop support of it and boost uses sprints support for it

ie there will be no iden towers in 2 years

SomeOneInFl
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 48

Certianly not saying you are wrong. But they could change their minds as well as it makes little sense to offer more Iden phones only to be obsolete in 2 years unless maybe the new ones can some how be software upgraded to the new network.

Also, I had thought that the new ones were to be available 3rd quarter. I haben't heard anything since the begining of the year. So the longer that is pushed back, I think Iden's demise will be pushed back.

Just my 2 1/2 cents.

ookami1
Token Ring
Message 48 of 48

Not to nit pick with the poster above me but the radio frequency such as iDEN CDMA or GSM is a hardware issue not software. That said I h ope you are right. More so I'd love a super global smartphone like the droid 3 that could use iDEN aswell. This won't happen but a man can dream eh? Back to the subject Motorola has little influince on when iDEN dies in the US that is sprints dission. In 2013 sprint will shut down the us iDEN, and Motorola will continue to make iDEN phones for the rest of the world that will still have it, you don't like it take it up with sprint as it isnMt Moto's falt