Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rduckjr
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 1 of 5

Motorola Titanium: Locking up with Angry Birds

Hi all.  First let me tell you why I bought this dinosaurof a new phone.  I work for a utility company, my employee family price for service through SouthenLinc is $27.99/month, unlimited everything. 

The phone I use is my company phone.  I bought my wife the Motorola Titantium because she wanted it.  I refused to buy that Motorola I1, 1.5OS peice of crap, so I pretty much had to get her this one to make her happy.

I wasn't expecting much because I have been a Southernlinc customer for a while and am use to getting the bottom of the barrel when it came to phones.

BUT . . . here is my question....

The angry birds app (yep, the wifey downloaded it) . . . it locks up every 2 - 3 minutes.  I have to go in to task manager, close out everything, restart, she plays it little bit more . . . then BAM . . . locks up again.  Last night she finally said, "Guess it's a no go on the Angry Birds, Huh?"

Have I done something wrong or doing something wrong or is this phone not even capable of running an app as simple as "Angry Birds"???

Any tips on how to speed this thing up??  Tips and Tricks???

This is the 1st smartphone we have ever purchased.  Again, I am aware of the phones shortcomings . . . I just figured it would be able to do something.

thanks for any help,

rduckjr

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5

Re: Motorola Titanium: Locking up with Angry Birds

What applications are found in the task manager after using Angry Birds? You say restart. Do you mean the phone or restart Angry Birds? I'd like to replicate this but need to know under what conditions it happens.

Are you Auto-ending any tasks?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
rduckjr
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I think I finally got it to work . . .

I downloaded a 'App Killer" app . . . before you play "Angry Birds" you have to kill every app running.  Once I do that, the program runs fine.  BUT . . . if the app store, browser, workds w/friends . . .or any other apps are running, the game locks up . . . for it to work, absolutely no apps can be running. 

Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 5

@ron

Angry Birds is very resource intensive for 3D graphics rendering and typically requires high powered devices to run smoothly.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 5

Be careful what tasks you auto end. Some tasks are essential for the phone to work. For example don't add dialer to the auto end list as this will make the phone unusable for making calls.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee