Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 16 (511 Views)

Titanium Quirks & Questions

Just upgraded from an i1 to a Titanium and I like all of the now available apps, plus being able to access the Amazon market, but I've noticed a couple of quirks with the phone.

1. The phone seems to lose its connection to a wi-fi network when the screen shuts off.  The wi-fi indicator stays on in the status bar, but if you try and access the Market or a website, you get a "connection error" message.  Turning off wi-fi, then back on, solves the problem temporarily which is when the screen powers down.  I have the wi-fi sleep polict set to "never", so its not that.
  2. Wheres the spell check when typing?
  3. I like some of the built in ringtones that the i1 had.  How can I transfer those to the Titanium?
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 16 (511 Views)

Re: Titanium Quirks & Questions

1. Not seeing this. What kind of WiFi network are you connected to? WEP or WPA or open?

2. Menu > settings > Language and Keyboard settings > Text settings > choose Keyboard input type you are using and use word prediction for Swype, Quick fixes , suggestions and auto complete for Android keyboard, and Auto complete if Device keyboard.

3. If you can find the files in the i1 you can probably bluetooth them using Astro file manager and the bluetooth module from one i1 to titanium.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 16 (511 Views)

WPA on two different routers.  Never had this problem with my i1 on both of the same routers.  In the "More Like This" box that shopws up ont he right side of my screen, for this forum, I see that there are similar issues with other phones, including the i1.

I cant seem to pinpoint anything that actually causes it.  It happens both when im in the wi-fi area for a while and if I leave the area and then come back.  The phone picks up the signal and shows its connected, but I cannot actually connect to anything.  The only resolve is to turn the wi-fi off, then back on.  Then it works fine.

Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 16 (511 Views)

Can you please download alogcat from Android Market and then post the text log here or email it to supportforums@motorola.com after one fo these events? We would like to see why WiFi is not working. Please do a log with the wifi sleep mode on and one without. Let us know which log is which.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 16 (511 Views)

Hi Mark, I saved one log after an event, but it seems like the text is too long to post here.  Is there a way to attach here?  if I email it, should I reference anything in the subject? 

Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 16 (511 Views)

Can attach as a txt file.

Mark

On Aug 24, 2011 5:37 PM, "mhornet" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 16 (511 Views)

Mark,

I sent the log files to the email address you listed.

The log file from 8-24 is with the wifi sleep policy set to "Never"

The log file from 8-25 is with the wifi sleep policy set to "Never When Plugged In."

Please let me know if the log files show anything.

Mike

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 16 (511 Views)

Hi Mark,

Any update?

Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 16 (511 Views)

@mhornet

Can you get DNS Table logs from the routers you are using? Does this happen with open networks?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 16 (511 Views)

Not sure how to get the logs.  Both routers are Netgears.  Havent tried an open network.  Of the routers Ive used, the providers ahve been Comcast & ATT&T.