Message 1 of 7

4.0 update

will this phone receive any updates?

ntowl224
What's DOS?
Views: 502
Message 2 of 7

Re: 4.0 update

Don't hold your breath. Motorola doesn't care about its customers enough. That's why no updates have been released. 2.3 is a long shot and 4.0 is basically impossible. I suggest going with HTC, they update many more of their products, and actually listen to thier customers. I'm stuck with my triumph for a while, but know that after this, I'll never buy another motorola product.

nwaves1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

I doubt this phone will ever get an official ICS 4.0. The best you can hope for is 2.3 Gingerbread. Gingerbread is a significant upgrade in terms of power management (battery life) and bug fixes over Froyo.

lpnalda
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

ntowl224 said:

Don't hold your breath. Motorola doesn't care about its customers enough. That's why no updates have been released. 2.3 is a long shot and 4.0 is basically impossible. I suggest going with HTC, they update many more of their products, and actually listen to thier customers. I'm stuck with my triumph for a while, but know that after this, I'll never buy another motorola product.

I do agree with this, as Google has said that any phone running 2.3 should be able to run ICS (4.0), However, I still hold hope, as the Triumph surely has the horsepower to run ICS!  I've asked support if there's any chance of an update, and will gladly post here if I hear back from them.

stef71
Token Ring
Message 5 of 7

Do this: find the "Contact Us" link on VMUSA's web site. Write to them and tell them you want an upgrade for the phone. When I did (twice recently), I received responses that were encouraging, but non-specific.

I understand that Motorola may expect a carrier to foot the bill for development of an update, but in this case, Motorola has clearly released a phone where the hardware needs appropriate software to even run properly (one obvious example is GPS - and it's clear, the phone was designed to run Gingerbread). That alone should warrant them fixing the phone with an update that ISN'T paid for by VMUSA but is paid for by Motorola.

There are a number of other phones that were introduced AFTER the Triumph on other carriers. There are a number of issues being experienced by a wide number of owners on a few models. Some of the issues experienced seem hardware related, and well, I've always believed that you don't fix hardware problems with software, unless of course, you are NASA, and there is no possibility to retrieve the craft, so you uplink an update to maximize mission capability.

We deserve much better.

Rickharmon25
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

I have 4 days to take this crap back to Walmart under their return policy and after reading all of the garbage on this forum and as well as my own observation of how there is so much lag-time in every function of command. It reminds me of the Clique XT.
kurt1955
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Motorola has confirmed that the Triumph will stay on 2.2.  As for a patch release to address the Triumph's numerious software glitches, that is very doubtful too.  Even the MotoExprts here say "don't hold your breath".  If you are new to this forum, you should know that the Triumph has a serious software problem where some hidden log files continue to grow until the phone is virtually useless.  Nothing short of a 'factory reset' fixes this.  A factory reset does, however, erease all your apps and data.

My suggestion to you is take the damn thing back.  I regreat the day I bought mine.