Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
333ddd
What's DOS?
Views: 372
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth Connection

I have tried at least 5 different bluetooth and they all keep disconnecting, even when I bought a higher end bluetooth. I sent it back for repairs at least 2 times and now it will be going back again today for the same problems plus a new one ...it won't charge up. Having this phone is very bad for my business. Why can't someone repair my phone instead of sending me someone elses troubled phone.

wardnkathy
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth Connection

The Triumph is know to disconnect from bluetooth devices when operating on battery power.  It is one of the several software bugs that I was sure Motorola would fix but I have found out that they do not support their products like they should.  It will not matter how many replacement Triumphs you get none of them will work correctly until they fix the phones software.  I had asked for my money back under the warranty but Motorola's support claims the phone works correctly and that there is no know software issues in the phone.

clandgh
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

The other response is very correct.  The bluetooth connectivity issue has been one that we've complained about from the very beginning....well over a year.  Each time I have contacted Motorola about it, they claim "you are the only one."  We have two of the Triumphs, and we did the exact same thing you have done.  We tried multiple bluetooth headsets, including three from Motorola that they recommended.  The only way your bluetooth will stay connected is if you plug the Triumph into a power source.  So, to get your bluetooth to stay connected in the car, you must use a car charger.  To get your bluetooth headset to work in your office or home, you must plug your triumph into a power source.  Interestingly enough, I have also found that if I am constantly streaming....which runs the battery down quicker, the headset will also remain connected.  So, if I am walking with Navigator on, or listening to music, the headset will remain connected.  It is a software bug in the Triumph that Motorola has never corrected.  They have not done any software updates to the Triumph since they introduced it....which is almost unheard of in the cell phone industry.  I have never seen a company just sit back and deny any issues with their product....but that is what Motorola has done....for well over a year.  The phone also has several other software bugs like slow or no GPS lock and some full memory issues from not discarding old data as your aps update.  Those too have gone into denial.  We now just use the Triumph for a backup and have moved on to better hardware from another vendor.  I will never buy another Motorola product as long as I live....like some say about products sold at Wally World, if they sell it....I don't need it.  My version of it is:  If Motorola makes it, I can find a better one made by another vendor..and it won't cost any more than Motorola's product...the difference being...the other manufacturer's product will actually work or be updated to work...whereas with Motorola, you are on your own and you can kiss your money goodbye.

333ddd
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

I want to thank you for your feedback. I know now that I have one of those Walley World phones, crap. I have now sent them my phone five times for repairs and I've been without a phone for over two months. That other phone by Samsung is looking mighty good right now. My sister has one of those phones and she says it's the best thing out there to date.