Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wardnkathy
What's DOS?
Views: 493
Message 1 of 5

Jelly Bean for Triumph?

I understand that Motorola said it plans to update most of its 2011 devices to version 4.1.  Does this include the Triumph? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Jelly Bean for Triumph?

Unfortunately, as can be seen here, Motorola Triumph "Will remain on Android 2.2" Smiley Sad

wardnkathy
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I had seen the announcement that the Triumph would stay on 2.2 but it was posted before Motorola's chief executive Dennis Woodside announced that Motorola would try to update most of the devices they released in 2011 and 2012 to Jelly Bean.  Since the Triumph launced in 2011, his statement got my hopes up.  He also said that owners of phones that could not be updated would be offered $100 back on select Motorola phones. 

After I had posted my message to this forum I also noticed that Motorla has a web site to sign up for news on the Jelly Bean upgrade/$100 at https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US and it lists the Triumph as one of the models giving me even more hope.

I don't see how the $100 would help since Virgin Mobile does not allow the use of these other Motorola phones and, after seeing how well Motorola supports its products, I am very unlikely to every buy another Motorola product.  I did not expect an Android upgrade but I did expect Motorola would fix the major software bugs like growing log files, slow GPS lock, and the bluetooth issues.

Highlighted
Rcarnes
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

I hope motorola's horrible service kills your company because i know i will NEVER buy another moto product,  Why would i want $100 for my phone to upgrade to another phone that will never recive updates, When i can easily sell it on craigslist and go buy a phone that will actualy recive updates.

Sincerly EX-customer 

nwaves1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

All phones that qualify for the $100 upgrade can be sold for a lot more than that on ebay, making this update program useless. As usual, Motorola is out of touch, unsupporting and way behind times. RIP Motorola, I know I will never ever buy another device from you.